The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Split stay luggage transfer? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158688)

PoppyGirl 08-16-2013 10:32 AM

Split stay luggage transfer?

How is your luggage handled when you have a split stay? Will Disney transfer our luggage for us or do we need to do that? First resort is AoA and then Yacht club.

dansdad 08-16-2013 10:38 AM

Yes Disney will transfer your luggage for you. Just be aware that it won't show up to your new resort until around 3-4 in the afternoon. We usually call Bell Services at resort #1 and tell them we would like them to come get our luggage and transfer it to resort #2. We then go to a park for the day then head to resort #2 around 4 or 5. Check in to resort #2 and call Bell Services and ask them to bring up our luggage. We have found that we don't lose any park time doing it this way.

Some prefer to grab a taxi and transfer luggage themselves to resort #2. If the room isn't ready yet, Bell Services will hold the luggage. I have heard some say they don't like the feeling of being "homeless" for the day until the check into resort #2. It never bothered us.

Kristibo42 08-16-2013 10:44 AM

They transferred my luggage on one of my stays. It was nice. I just left them in my in the room. Went to the park and by the time we got to the next resort luggage was already in the room.

goofy4tink 08-16-2013 11:43 AM

I have transferred luggage many times. I hand off my bags by 7:30am each time. I have yet to have my luggage delivered to me before 5pm!!! Not once. I think that in the future, I will take a cab to the new resort, with my bags, and get checked in, early in the morning. Then, when my room is ready, my bags will at least be at the resort already!!!

4Joyces 08-16-2013 12:08 PM

We are planning to just take a cab from AoA to Poly with our luggage for our split stay. I want to have it there when our room is ready, and we were planning to cab it over to the Poly for our 'Ohana breakfast, anyway. No reason not to take our luggage with us.

Pakey 08-16-2013 12:09 PM

They will transfer and it's expected that you tip at both ends since this is Bell Services handling your luggage.

After one transfer where one bag went missing and the amount of time that I had to waste waiting for them to determine if the bag ever left resort A, did it arrive at resort B or get dropped somewhere else, etc, I now just take a cab and move it myself while the rest of my family goes to the park. I just meet up with them after I have transferred and done the check in process.

DevonsDisneyMom 08-16-2013 02:21 PM

They will!!! We just did a split say in June. Hearing how long it took something to receive your luggage, we opted to take a cab between AoA and AKV. It was well worth it!

PoppyGirl 08-16-2013 09:03 PM

Yes, our initial plan was to spend a little time walking around at AoA in the morning, get a cab to Yacht Club, check in and then head to MK by lunch time. Then I read somewhere that Disney would transfer our luggage so I thought I'd ask. (you know....ask the experts! ;) )