The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Late Checkout (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158052)

GrammyJudy 08-15-2013 09:09 AM

Late Checkout

:sad2:We have a 5:00 flight so I assume we will have to go on a 2:00 bus to the airport. Has anyone asked for late checkout? What time will they let you have the room till? We are not planning a park that day but may take the boat to dtd or just hang at the reset???:confused3

dansdad 08-15-2013 09:13 AM

It is up to Mousekeeping, so be sure to check with them. We asked for late checkout once and were told we could have the room until 1:00. Later than that we would have to pay for another night. Even if you can't get late checkout, you can use all the resort amenities the entire day of checkout. If we have a later flight, we hang by the pool, eat, then shower in the locker rooms by the pool and get dressed for the trip home.

Aliceacc 08-15-2013 09:13 AM

I forget exactly when checkout is, but it's not a big deal. Bell Services will hold your stuff until your DME bus arrives. You can still use all the resort facilities, including the pool (and even throw your suits into the dryer and tuck them into your carryon)

We always do an after-dinner return flight, and hit a park one last time that morning.

monorailsilver 08-15-2013 09:19 AM

We left on DME Monday at 4:40. We were packed and out our door by 10:30. Ok I was at the pool by 8 but dh was finishing the packing (he sent me out to the pool to get a spot) and the kids were sleeping.

I met him at the room at 10:30 and we brought almost all our bags to bell services, minus our clothes to wear him and the medicine/iPhone chargers, iPad.

And we sat by the pool. I have heard people say they have left their computers there but we didn't feel the need to do that since we were sitting by the pool.

goofy4tink 08-15-2013 09:41 AM

Dd and I asked for a late checkout at AoA in June. We asked for it upon checkin. The CM said it's not always available, but in our case, it was. We only needed it until noon, but we had it until 1. Any later than that and they will charge you.
I don't know about asking housekeeping. We were told to ask at the front counter upon check-in.

GrammyJudy 08-15-2013 06:17 PM

Thanks

kim929 08-15-2013 06:28 PM

I agree, ask at check in for late check out.

princessesr 08-15-2013 06:48 PM

We just stayed at Poly the first week of August we asked for a late checkout at the front desk we had no problem. Our checkout time was 1:00 pm. it worked out great.

mitchwebb 08-15-2013 06:53 PM

Will they also consider late checkout for DVC. We have a late flight and would love a little extra time.

rlovew 08-15-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchwebb
Will they also consider late checkout for DVC. We have a late flight and would love a little extra time.

Late checkouts are not allowed for dvc do to the housekeeping and occupancy levels. If you check out late someone will else will not be able to get into their room until late.

Deb & Bill 08-15-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchwebb (Post 49295884)

Like rlovew said, no late check outs for DVC villas. But you can store your stuff with Bell Services until it is time for you to leave.