The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Crafty for GKTW - November 9th (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3157262)

belle41379 08-13-2013 05:48 PM

Crafty for GKTW - November 9th

Are you crafty? Perhaps like to DISign shirts or autograph books? Why not use that hobby to benefit GKTW?

I will be purchasing booth space at a holiday bazaar in November to raise money for GKTW. Here's my plan:

I will be selling Disney related items with 100% of the proceeds going to Power of 10/GKTW. GKTW information will be available. I'd also like to see if I can find a local family who has benefited from GKTW to be present.

Want to help? Send me a private message and I'll send you the address where you can send your crafty items to donate for the booth. :).

Not crafty, but like crafty stuff and live near Ohio? Come get some cool stuff AND help us raise money. Win-Win!!

Crafty Donation Ideas...

Autograph Books
Clothing (princess skirts, swim suit coverups, shorts, etc.)
Lanyards
Crayon/Activity packs
Pot holders
Decorated Cups/mugs
Character Pillowcases
Scrapbook page kits
Headbands
DISigned t-shirts
Custom bags or purses
Disney "subway art" framed prints
Disney quote framed prints

Be creative and have fun! This is a great way to participate in a GKTW fundraiser from the comfort of your own home (well, and post office)!

TSWJan78 08-27-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belle41379 (Post 49274702)
Are you crafty? Perhaps like to DISign shirts or autograph books? Why not use that hobby to benefit GKTW?

I will be purchasing booth space at a holiday bazaar in November to raise money for GKTW. Here's my plan:

I will be selling Disney related items with 100% of the proceeds going to Power of 10/GKTW. GKTW information will be available. I'd also like to see if I can find a local family who has benefited from GKTW to be present.

Want to help? Send me a private message and I'll send you the address where you can send your crafty items to donate for the booth. :).

Not crafty, but like crafty stuff and live near Ohio? Come get some cool stuff AND help us raise money. Win-Win!!

Crafty Donation Ideas...

Autograph Books
Clothing (princess skirts, swim suit coverups, shorts, etc.)
Lanyards
Crayon/Activity packs
Pot holders
Decorated Cups/mugs
Character Pillowcases
Scrapbook page kits
Headbands
DISigned t-shirts
Custom bags or purses
Disney "subway art" framed prints
Disney quote framed prints

Be creative and have fun! This is a great way to participate in a GKTW fundraiser from the comfort of your own home (well, and post office)!

How about an Etsy shop... While I know nothing about them and am in no way crafty I would be happy to buy.. especially if money went to GKTW!!

Just a thought

Decorated_Dust 09-03-2013 02:27 PM

I have been meaning to knit a Mickey Mouse scarf (whose patter I found on the DIS) for the longest time. This might actually motivate me to do that. If I'm not legally allowed to do that, I can possibly modify it to be a podcast scarf. Send me a PM if this becomes a reality and I will get started.

belle41379 09-03-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSWJan78 (Post 49403680)

How about an Etsy shop... While I know nothing about them and am in no way crafty I would be happy to buy.. especially if money went to GKTW!!

Just a thought

I'll see how the craft show goes, and am totally open to this idea if we have things left over. :)

belle41379 09-03-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decorated_Dust (Post 49465173)
I have been meaning to knit a Mickey Mouse scarf (whose patter I found on the DIS) for the longest time. This might actually motivate me to do that. If I'm not legally allowed to do that, I can possibly modify it to be a podcast scarf. Send me a PM if this becomes a reality and I will get started.

Sent you a PM!