The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pictures? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3156511)

arone 08-12-2013 10:57 AM

Pictures?
 
Can you show me what you wore for dinner on your Disney cruise please?
I am sailing on the Dream in May 2014 and have no clue what to wear
Thanks in advance :-)

epfootballcutie04 08-12-2013 11:05 AM

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...psfde66881.jpg

This is a photo of our group in Royal Palace... my hubby and I are the ones in the middle. I was wearing a dress, all brown, no big deal.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1a115a19.jpg

Before dinner, can't remember which night.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...ps69d75a08.jpg

what we did for pirates night at animators

epfootballcutie04 08-12-2013 11:11 AM

whoa, sorry those photos are so big!!

Basically you can where almost anything...

I saw women in full blown formal wedding attire/prom style dresses, day dresses, cocktail style dresses... nice shirt and skirts, nice shirt and dress pants or nice capris...

Men in polos, nice shirts, button up shirts, ties, sport jackets, tuxes, khaki shorts, etc.

You'll see a wide variety. The Disboards are FULL of a wide variety of opinions on what is acceptable and what isn't. The cruise line prefers that you don't wear flip flops, shorts and basically "beach wear". No swimming suits, etc.

However, I have seen that type of attire in the dining rooms.... so it does happen.

I would recommend wearing nice, yet comfortable clothing. Traditionally, dining on cruises was a very formal experience. it has been much more relaxed as the years go on, but it's still nice to dress up and remember to enjoy a truly exceptional experience :-)

arone 08-12-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epfootballcutie04 (Post 49259403)
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...psfde66881.jpg

This is a photo of our group in Royal Palace... my hubby and I are the ones in the middle. I was wearing a dress, all brown, no big deal.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1a115a19.jpg

Before dinner, can't remember which night.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...ps69d75a08.jpg

what we did for pirates night at animators

Love it you guys looked great!!!!! thanks for sharing :-)

TwinPrincessMermaids 08-12-2013 11:18 AM

This was night one, Animator's Palette. We picked BRIGHT ARTSY colors to wear and sundresses are super easy to throw on over head (and a bit more comfy then button pants for sampling all the yummy food!)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...57710809_n.jpg


Pirate night, we dressed like pirate wenches. It was fun! Arrr!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...57183715_n.jpg

PS I will be skipping the corset next year in favor for a wide 'stretchy' belt..ahem... I just intend to enjoy my dinner (and the pirate buffet we missed!) a bit more than the corset would allow me to do... but it was still fun! We stayed in the outfits for most of the night, including Karaoke & some club dancing (ala WOBBLE)

This is the Royal Palace night. To be honest, I never had any idea when the so called semi formal night was. I just picked my outfits to coordinate with the dinner theme that night, and this knee length semi fancy dress and tiara worked perfectly for Royal Palace night. It worked even better for the Princess Gathering photos too! And whenever we weren't wearing Pirate attire, we ALWAYS wore a tasteful mini tiara! So much fun! You can pick them up at Charming Charlies or Claire's and these ones had hidden mickeys since our older sis bought them for us on the ship! The pink hidden mickey tiara is DEFINITELY going to be with me for WDW too!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...39238224_n.jpg

I am glad my honey will be able to wear nice looking shorts with his polo shirts (because he always goes back to the room to change which is a time taker) so he is happy. I will still be dressing 'cruise' attire with fun comfy dresses (and my tights underneath! Tights are a MUST) and my sparkly pink flip flops were comfy and not too casual. I like sparkly stuff too and my 'fancy' princess dress wasn't any different then wearing a cute dress too.

But I wore scrubs to work for 7 yrs, and I'm happy to dress cute in my new job and ESPECIALLY with picture taking on a trip!!

Woohoo! I'm also down 10 pounds since May! :banana:

arone 08-12-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids (Post 49259548)
This was night one, Animator's Palette. We picked BRIGHT ARTSY colors to wear and sundresses are super easy to throw on over head (and a bit more comfy then button pants for sampling all the yummy food!)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...57710809_n.jpg


Pirate night, we dressed like pirate wenches. It was fun! Arrr!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...57183715_n.jpg

PS I will be skipping the corset next year in favor for a wide 'stretchy' belt..ahem... I just intend to enjoy my dinner (and the pirate buffet we missed!) a bit more than the corset would allow me to do... but it was still fun! We stayed in the outfits for most of the night, including Karaoke & some club dancing (ala WOBBLE)

This is the Royal Palace night. To be honest, I never had any idea when the so called semi formal night was. I just picked my outfits to coordinate with the dinner theme that night, and this knee length semi fancy dress and tiara worked perfectly for Royal Palace night. It worked even better for the Princess Gathering photos too! And whenever we weren't wearing Pirate attire, we ALWAYS wore a tasteful mini tiara! So much fun! You can pick them up at Charming Charlies or Claire's and these ones had hidden mickeys since our older sis bought them for us on the ship! The pink hidden mickey tiara is DEFINITELY going to be with me for WDW too!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...39238224_n.jpg

I am glad my honey will be able to wear nice looking shorts with his polo shirts (because he always goes back to the room to change which is a time taker) so he is happy. I will still be dressing 'cruise' attire with fun comfy dresses (and my tights underneath! Tights are a MUST) and my sparkly pink flip flops were comfy and not too casual. I like sparkly stuff too and my 'fancy' princess dress wasn't any different then wearing a cute dress too.

But I wore scrubs to work for 7 yrs, and I'm happy to dress cute in my new job and ESPECIALLY with picture taking on a trip!!

Woohoo! I'm also down 10 pounds since May! :banana:

beautiful thanks for sharing!

disprincess4ever 08-12-2013 12:55 PM


Just try to wear church clothes and you should be ok! A sun dress, or skirt for women; even some kakis would be fine. For men, kakis and a polo or button down shirt. Even Kaki shorts for boys would be ok. Just don't wear jeans, sweats, tennis shoes, or baseball caps to dinner :thumbsup2

Turbanator 08-12-2013 12:56 PM

Awesome pics arone, disprincess4ever and everyone :thumbsup2

TwinPrincessMermaids 08-12-2013 12:59 PM

You can tell DisPrincess4ever has a dancer or pageant background! Lovely poses.

arone 08-12-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disprincess4ever (Post 49260553)

Just try to wear church clothes and you should be ok! A sun dress, or skirt for women; even some kakis would be fine. For men, kakis and a polo or button down shirt. Even Kaki shorts for boys would be ok. Just don't wear jeans, sweats, tennis shoes, or baseball caps to dinner :thumbsup2

so pretty thanks for sharing


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.