The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Alcohol still allowed in the med? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3156411)

amystevekai&bump 08-12-2013 07:48 AM

Alcohol still allowed in the med?
 
Hi:thumbsup2

I remember we carried beer onboard for DH and soda/water for the children when we were in Barcelona a couple for years ago.

Is this still allowed? (for some reason I thought I read something a while back that made it sound as though the rules might be changing?:confused3 Of course knowing me I could quite possibly have dreamt it!):lmao:

Many thanks for any info :wave2:

tajz90 08-12-2013 07:51 AM

Yes, still allowed.

amystevekai&bump 08-12-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tajz90 (Post 49257568)
Yes, still allowed.

Great - thank you:thumbsup2

JoyB-UK 08-12-2013 10:36 AM

We boarded in barcelona last Tuesday and had no problems taking beer on board. There are duty free shops after security so you can stock up in port if you haven't been able to get to a supermarket.

amystevekai&bump 08-14-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyB-UK (Post 49259099)
We boarded in barcelona last Tuesday and had no problems taking beer on board. There are duty free shops after security so you can stock up in port if you haven't been able to get to a supermarket.

Brilliant! Thanks for posting - hope you had a great trip:thumbsup2

1DisFam 01-20-2014 07:05 AM

Question about buying wine in ports
 
I know we can buy alcohol/wine in Barcelona before boarding, but what about when we are our ports? On other cruise lines they take it from you and you can't have it until you disembark. Is this the case here? Or. An I buy a bottle of wine in, let's say Nice, and bring it inboard and drink that night?

I appreciate any response, as this is my first Disney cruise and don't know all the rules....

tajz90 01-20-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1DisFam (Post 50519584)
I know we can buy alcohol/wine in Barcelona before boarding, but what about when we are our ports? On other cruise lines they take it from you and you can't have it until you disembark. Is this the case here? Or. An I buy a bottle of wine in, let's say Nice, and bring it inboard and drink that night?

I appreciate any response, as this is my first Disney cruise and don't know all the rules....

Yes. You can buy alcohol in port and bring on board. Friends of ours bought wine in each port to enjoy on board.

1DisFam 01-20-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tajz90 (Post 50520342)
Yes. You can buy alcohol in port and bring on board. Friends of ours bought wine in each port to enjoy on board.

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

wiigirl 01-20-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyB-UK (Post 49259099)
We boarded in barcelona last Tuesday and had no problems taking beer on board. There are duty free shops after security so you can stock up in port if you haven't been able to get to a supermarket.

:thumbsup2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.