The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is it warm enough on Western Fantasy in March for water excursions? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3156232)

TamieH 08-11-2013 07:06 PM

Is it warm enough on Western Fantasy in March for water excursions?

Just moved our May 24, 2014 Fantasy to March 15, 2014 Fantasy due to school sports conflict. Now that we are sailing on our Spring Break in March, is it warm enough to book water excursions or is that risky due to cold water?

I've researched it enough to know CC may be to chilly for swimming, but air temperature generally nice in lower 80's. Same with air temperature in Grand Caymans, Costa Maya & Cozumel, but now hesitant to book something like snorkeling or other water excursions in March.

Any personal experience in March on the Western stops?

Do many people wait until on board when you know the forecast to book excursions? Many left?

We have sailed this exact cruise in May 2012 and this is our 6th Disney cruise, so we've done many excursions....but only in May or October.

thanks

scorp111 08-11-2013 07:19 PM

Average Sea Water Temp for Grand Cayman in March? 81, so only 1 degree different than May average.

79-81 for Cozumel and Costa Maya as well.

I think you will find it very doable with SST near 80.

TwinPrincessMermaids 08-11-2013 07:24 PM

As you can see from my signature, we hit Western twice and Eastern this yr last week of Feb into first week of March. Always had PLENTY of sun (too much every time!)

I think the eastern is cooler. Both have water that is a bit refreshing. But we have always had incredible sunshine and 80s every day. (Ports aren't so sure. We left PC 83 degrees and came back a week later at 45 but still had a blast running all over Disney anyway!)

Three yrs with that same week, great weather every time. No hurricanes.

Had great great weather mid April when we went and next one is May 5 so any time last week of Feb to may is so nice. Water a bit chilly but totally doable. It might be a bit chilly prior to that.

cpeters 08-11-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamieH
Just moved our May 24, 2014 Fantasy to March 15, 2014 Fantasy due to school sports conflict. Now that we are sailing on our Spring Break in March, is it warm enough to book water excursions or is that risky due to cold water?

I've researched it enough to know CC may be to chilly for swimming, but air temperature generally nice in lower 80's. Same with air temperature in Grand Caymans, Costa Maya & Cozumel, but now hesitant to book something like snorkeling or other water excursions in March.

Any personal experience in March on the Western stops?

Do many people wait until on board when you know the forecast to book excursions? Many left?

We have sailed this exact cruise in May 2012 and this is our 6th Disney cruise, so we've done many excursions....but only in May or October.

thanks

Sailed Western this past February (1st Week) on Fantasy. We were in the Ocean at every port of call. The only place the water was chilly was CC, but even there it was tolerable when Sun was out. :-)

RosiePA 08-11-2013 08:45 PM

We did a western last January and snorkeled at Grand Cayman. We would've been in the water in Cozumel, too, but it was rainy! March should be great! :)

SeattleRN 08-12-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpeters (Post 49254296)
Sailed Western this past February (1st Week) on Fantasy. We were in the Ocean at every port of call. The only place the water was chilly was CC, but even there it was tolerable when Sun was out. :-)

So glad to hear this! I was worried it would be cold. I'm a recent California transplant to Washington, so I'm SO looking forward to sun and warmth and swimming. :)

TamieH 08-12-2013 08:59 PM

Great - thanks for the feedback. We are getting excited and still have 7 months to go!

jiminyC_fan 08-13-2013 09:43 PM

I go to Cozumel in January and it's always perfect. You won't have a problem. Enjoy!