The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Character Buses P&F/Marvel? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154766)

phineasfan100 08-08-2013 06:44 PM

Character Buses P&F/Marvel?

What are your views on the new Phineas and Ferb and Marvel buses. I think they are very out of place and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a clause that UNI has the theme park rights to Marvel east of the Mississippi?

Link:
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/08/08/n...-disney-world/

Disco 08-08-2013 07:40 PM

Not great looking but the busses are not in the theme parks so completely legit.

thebwit 08-10-2013 10:36 AM

Yeah the busses don't enter the parks. Just like the monorail didn't enter the parks either and was able to have Marvel stuff on it.

jsebsirois 08-10-2013 11:40 AM

They sure are playing with the space they have to have Marvel ''in'' Disney World...

iteachlit 08-10-2013 12:48 PM

I have two views. One from the outside of the bus, one from the inside.

Birdman1511 08-10-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phineasfan100 (Post 49225925)
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a clause that UNI has the theme park rights to Marvel east of the Mississippi?

Yes, you are correct. However, I think(and i could be wrong) theres a lot of red tape involved. I think it basically says,"Disney, you can't make a Marvel based ride or have any Marvel characters doing meet and greets in the parks, but you can sell merchandise and do any type of marketing you want outside of the parks"... another example of this would be the Avengers and Iron Man 3 monorails. Since they didn't enter the pariks, it was okay for Disney to do this...pretty much just like other posters have said.

If Disney was smart, they would do meet n' greets with Marvel characters in Downtown Disney, because technically, its not "inside" the parks:) And think of how much congestion it would free up at the parks!

lugnut33 08-10-2013 01:31 PM

Cool, I like it.

retlaw_yensid 08-10-2013 01:31 PM

Why do you think they're out of place? It's about time Disney finally figured out that they had hundreds of potential mobile advertising spaces going to waste everyday.

rag10576 08-10-2013 07:07 PM

Its just promoting the up an coming phineas and ferb special. Get over it. I think its great. My son who is 7 loves it.

bauer1168 08-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdman1511 (Post 49241871)

Yes, you are correct. However, I think(and i could be wrong) theres a lot of red tape involved. I think it basically says,"Disney, you can't make a Marvel based ride or have any Marvel characters doing meet and greets in the parks, but you can sell merchandise and do any type of marketing you want outside of the parks"... another example of this would be the Avengers and Iron Man 3 monorails. Since they didn't enter the pariks, it was okay for Disney to do this...pretty much just like other posters have said.

If Disney was smart, they would do meet n' greets with Marvel characters in Downtown Disney, because technically, its not "inside" the parks:) And think of how much congestion it would free up at the parks!

Yup, the avengers monorail was used on the resort and express routes as they stop outside MK. It was never on the Epcot loop as that monorail enters the park.

doconeill 08-10-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdman1511 (Post 49241871)

There are also clauses that prevent certain uses within so many miles of the Universal parks as well. Meet and greets are probably out.

phineasfan100 08-10-2013 09:28 PM

Aside from DVC, this is AFAIK the first advertising on the buses. The way Disney is going these days this will become commonplace. (Monorails anyone?) We don't want WDW to feel like NYC, do we?

iteachlit 08-10-2013 11:36 PM

Kids love P&F and Marvel. WDW is for kids and those that are young at heart. Kids don't see these as ads; they think their favorite characters are along for the ride.

Those bothered by shameless marketing should stay away from WDW; the whole place is made to move product.

super mike b 08-11-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iteachlit (Post 49246771)
Kids love P&F and Marvel. WDW is for kids and those that are young at heart. Kids don't see these as ads; they think their favorite characters are along for the ride.

Those bothered by shameless marketing should stay away from WDW; the whole place is made to move product.

Well said. :thumbsup2

dairylives 08-11-2013 02:25 PM

This is just the beginning.

Regardless of the agreement, there will be more Marvel at WDW as Disney finds more ways around it, and likely finds more agreements behind the scenes.