The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   POP King Room (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3152466)

Tink121212 08-04-2013 02:04 PM

POP King Room

Hello ... the hubby and I are taking are first trip to WDW :cool1: and could use help in requesting a room with a king size bed. Can anyone please assist me on what I should ask for when checking-in online? Thank you!

Missytara 08-04-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tink121212
Hello ... the hubby and I are taking are first trip to WDW :cool1: and could use help in requesting a room with a king size bed. Can anyone please assist me on what I should ask for when checking-in online? Thank you!

You cannot do requests at online check-in; they are supposed to attached to your reservation. You need to call.

aliyasmomma2003 08-04-2013 03:26 PM

Requests during online check in are pre-specified and you can choose two. I chose 60's buildings and lake view. I don't remember what the other choices were.

Tink121212 08-04-2013 03:34 PM

Thank you both for your help!:thumbsup2

Letsbgoofy 08-04-2013 04:30 PM

I'm pretty sure that all the king rooms at Pop are handicap rooms. Obviously the people who actually need them will get them first, so I think they are pretty hard to get. Check the Pop thread, that's where I found the information (because I was thinking about requesting a king too).

marsh0013 08-04-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letsbgoofy (Post 49180699)
I'm pretty sure that all the king rooms at Pop are handicap rooms. Obviously the people who actually need them will get them first, so I think they are pretty hard to get. Check the Pop thread, that's where I found the information (because I was thinking about requesting a king too).

I'm not sure that's true. A majority may be handicap but I'm pretty sure we've gotten a king room at pop that was not handicap. I could be remembering incorrectly, but I know it was a king bed and I'm almost positive it was a regular bathroom. This was in June 2011.

Edit: below is copied from the pop thread

King Bed Rooms accommodate up to 2 people, plus one portable crib for an infant (defined as a child under 3). This category has a total of 144 rooms; of which 63 are Handicap Accessible. All floors have regular and handicap accessible King rooms; however the 4th floor King rooms are only HC.

Missytara 08-04-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letsbgoofy

Incorrect; all handicapped accessible rooms are king bed rooms, but not all king bed rooms are h. C. Accessible. The federal law is specific about the percentage of rooms to be accessible. It would not be profitable for Disney, for obvious reasons, to go over that, because they would cut out a market of people who request king bed rooms, but do not need the accessible facilities.