The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Buses from Port Orleans French Quarter? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3152193)

ConnorsMama 08-03-2013 11:07 PM

Buses from Port Orleans French Quarter?
 
The last time we stayed at French Quarter they had a dedicated bus about 80% of the time, and shared with Riverside the other 20%. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Thank you in advance!

BuzzLiteyear 08-04-2013 12:14 AM

Our last visit (December) we seemed to share every bus. At least the ones we were on did. We stayed at POR so maybe there were dedicated FQ buses that we didn't see?

mrcarder 08-04-2013 02:07 AM

We stayed there last two years, and only shared once. These were mid Oct and late Nov. This one time the bus picked up both resorts, we had a really late start to the park, so we figured this was why?

Missytara 08-04-2013 05:34 AM

The info regarding the buses and what times of day they share on the POFQ thread.

LilyWDW 08-04-2013 08:39 AM

In October 2010 we never shared a bus, even when we were the only ones on an early morning DHS. It is always possible that you will share (experienced that the trip before), though it seems to mostly happen during the late morning and through the afternoon.

tddtex 08-04-2013 08:44 AM

We stayed last Nov ( and booked FD for this Nov) and honestly, the bus situation was the worst part of our trip.

We ended up taking a taxi for 4 of the last days because we waited for over an hour once for a bus and missed reservations.

I was so bad in my opinion, that I did not deem it safe for my family to pack as many people in at the end of the night, hang on for dear life, a have 2 tired kids having to stand because a 20 - 40 year old man would no give up his seat for even an elderly.

Renting a car this year. It will cost an additional $200 or so BUT I am savinf $1400.00 on dining so the money will go toward that AND with staying a a resort, FREE PARKING at all the parks!!!

Not saying it is the solution, but for my family, it will be.

edinburghlass 08-04-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear (Post 49175158)
Our last visit (December) we seemed to share every bus. At least the ones we were on did. We stayed at POR so maybe there were dedicated FQ buses that we didn't see?

If you stayed at POR then you wouldn't see the dedicated POFQ buses :confused3

We were there in May and the only shared buses were lunch time return to resort and some buses returning to the parks for the evening where they picked up at POFQ first. The late night buses and morning buses were always dedicated POFQ and I think only once did we have to get on the second bus back to resort after Wishes at MK and it was there within minutes.

minnie mum 08-04-2013 10:56 AM

As Missytara pointed out, you can find more detailed info on POFQ buses on the resort specific thread. We have only stayed there during quieter times of the year, and have found that we shared buses generally from mid morning through early evening. And even then it was only to certain parks. We did not share buses during the periods of heaviest demand at park opening and closing.

As for the buses being crowded, this will almost always occur at park opening and closing and happens no matter what resort you are staying at. If you absolutely must have a seat on the bus, you can always choose to wait for the next one. During periods of high demand, they usually come within minutes of each other.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.