The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   WWYD?? Re: CC Daily Rentals (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3150896)

n8nally 08-01-2013 03:01 PM

WWYD?? Re: CC Daily Rentals

Ok, so I'm debating what to do about CC.

We want to do the Stingray excursion and we are planning to run the CC5K.

My kids have expressed a desire to rent floats/inner tubes for lounging in the water. My daughter says she wants to ride bikes. And I'm worried that the 30 min snorkeling with the stingrays will not be sufficient. Because of these things, I booked us the package that includes Stingray/bike/float/snorkel gear, as it is cheaper to bundle them all together.

My question: is this realistic? Yes, it's a better deal than purchasing seperately, but is it a better deal if we end up commiting to the whole package, and then not using one of the features? Am I better off risking it and booking just the Stingrays and then playing it by ear on the rest? Do the bikes/floats/snorkel gear ever sell out? I hate to waste money, but I also don't want to be sorry that I didn't book it if we end up wanting to do it all, thus actually costing me MORE money than if I keep my bundle.

Additional facts: we're on the 9/1 Dream for 4 nights. It is our first ever cruise. Kids are 15 and 12. They won't be going off to their club activities on the island, but will instead spend the day with me.

Thoughts?

bbn1122 08-01-2013 03:35 PM

Play it by ear....we did the whole shebang a few years back and we barely used the floats and I had to force my sons to go for a bike ride.

My middle son did the string ray snorkel, my 2 other sons and me did the parasailing and DH did the jet skis. So, we all had something special booked. I also had booked the two packages which included, bikes, floats and snorkel gear. We did not need all of it. As a matter of fact, someone took our floats that we left by our chairs when we went for lunch....no problem those.

My boys enjoyed the water...and the recreation area, which has basketball hoops, ping pong etc. they really like this area.....plus there is Pelican Plunge.

Enjoy....CC is beautiful...:thumbsup2

Weedy 08-01-2013 03:38 PM

That was our plan also, but the kids made friends in the club and dumped my husband and me. They have youth counselors on the island and the kids have a great time.

stsomewhere 08-01-2013 03:40 PM

My sister pre booked snorkel gear. The day we were there,The water was rough, it was windy, the water was cold. They decided not to snorkel with their younger kids. They were not able to get a refund.

n8nally 08-01-2013 03:50 PM

Good points!

Does anyone know if bike rentals or tube/floats ever sell out? Has anybody ever run into this issue before?

Weedy 08-01-2013 03:59 PM

No problem with any of the 3 selling out.

lucky1 08-01-2013 04:31 PM

The only thing that may sell out is the stingray adventure. There were plenty of floats and bikes to be used by many.

fredandkell 08-01-2013 08:00 PM

Do what we do, which is buy floats or tubes at the Dollar Store. Packs flat, inflates easily, you can recycle and not have to bring home with you.

PrincessShmoo 08-01-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredandkell (Post 49154286)
Do what we do, which is buy floats or tubes at the Dollar Store. Packs flat, inflates easily, you can recycle and not have to bring home with you.

Except:

Q:
What items are not permitted on board?
A:
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.
•Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons

The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:
•Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...ohibited-items

TinkGirl 08-01-2013 09:49 PM

I booked that package and was glad even though we didn't use the floats. My kids are 16,18, and 20. We rode bikes first thing, snorkel end, ate, did the awesome stingray excursion, and snorkeled some more. Before we knew it, it was time for all aboard.

MagicMe 08-02-2013 07:33 AM

As pretty much everyone has said, the only thing that will possibly sell out is the stingrays. There are plenty of floats, bikes and snorkel gear. My son and his girlfriend decided to snorkel after lunch and just walked up and were able to rent with no problem.

Plus that age will certainly enjoy Pelican's Plunge and as noted, may actually ditch you for the teen activities!!

scorp111 08-02-2013 08:14 AM

As long as you do the Stingrays and use the Snorkel equipment, the bike and float components are actually the "extra".

It is $59 per adult for the pre-booked "extreme" package, and $60 for just the stingray ($35) and snorkel equipment ($25).

neg58 08-02-2013 08:16 AM

My daughter, then 16, and I did the extreme package. We loved it. I would not have done the bikes if it wasn't included and I did really like it and so did she. We did the Stingrays at about 10 am and then snorkeled for almost 2 hours, then ate, biked, then I think snorkeled more, then the floats. Yes, we were there until they made us get back on the ship.

If you don't do the floats or bikes, I think it is still a better deal to go for the packages. If you don't think you'll have time for everything, I'd skip the stingrays and do the snorkel/bike/float. (but last time with my mother, we just got floats and I was good for about 5 hours!)

Nancy