The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Por royal rooms?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3149103)

disneyobessed 07-29-2013 03:02 PM

Por royal rooms??
 
Are the royal rooms worth the extra $? We stayed in Alligator B last year and loved it but I think my DD6 would love this...

nkereina 07-29-2013 03:25 PM

Depends on the kid, IMO. I've read several reports that some kids get a kick out of it all for a few minutes and then they're over it. If you think that's a possibility, I say no it's not worth the money. While the rooms are nice, a lot of it is subtle princess decor that kids may not fully appreciate. Add to the fact that some of the rooms are good hike to the main building and most of the rooms are a hike to the main pool.

disneyobessed 07-29-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkereina (Post 49114171)
Depends on the kid, IMO. I've read several reports that some kids get a kick out of it all for a few minutes and then they're over it. If you think that's a possibility, I say no it's not worth the money. While the rooms are nice, a lot of it is subtle princess decor that kids may not fully appreciate. Add to the fact that some of the rooms are good hike to the main building and most of the rooms are a hike to the main pool.

So true.... I love Alligator B rooms. We had a preferred room so the price wouldn't be that much more but loved the short walk to Food court and pool

MARY-IN-OH 07-29-2013 06:00 PM

I think it's worth it! My husband hated that he had to admit that it was super cool. The fireworks button on the back of the beds was awesome. We went just the two us "old folks" LOL. He had to call his brother right away when we got there, "dude! you should see this room we got!" :lmao:

natnelliesmom 07-29-2013 06:02 PM

We stayed in a Royal Room last February. We were just over the bridge from the main building, very close, and our room overlooked a quiet pool.
My 3 daughters loved the theming, especially the lights in the headboard and the letter from Tiana on the table. The Magic Lamp faucets were pretty cool too! For us it was worth it.

refillable mug 07-29-2013 06:18 PM

We were upgraded in Jan to one of these rooms. The decore is different, the fireworks display in the pictures in nothing more than moving LED lights, nothing that special. They only last a short period and then you have to press the button again. The room size is no larger and there are no other perks. OK for a free upgrade, but no way I would pay any extra. They also far from the main lobby.

MARY-IN-OH 07-29-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by refillable mug (Post 49116132)
We were upgraded in Jan to one of these rooms. The decore is different, the fireworks display in the pictures in nothing more than moving LED lights, nothing that special. They only last a short period and then you have to press the button again. The room size is no larger and there are no other perks. OK for a free upgrade, but no way I would pay any extra. They also far from the main lobby.

These are very good points. I was glad that I was able to use an annual pass discount. Worth it that way for me, but yes - I might not have booked it at rack rate. (we did think the bed was cute, I must be too easily amused) LOL

calnmace 07-29-2013 07:44 PM

We just stayed in a Royal Room in April and LOVED it. My husband was really impressed and had to send pics to his friends at work lol My girls were thrilled with the room, my 7 year old loved the fireworks in the headboards. I thought she would be sick of them after a day or two but no. What I liked best was the location. You just cross the bridge and you're at the main building. I also loved that we were minutes from POFQ and the walk is so nice along the river. We went and ate at their food court a few times. Next time we're at POR we will be booking a royal room again. :thumbsup2

MARY-IN-OH 07-29-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calnmace (Post 49117024)
We just stayed in a Royal Room in April and LOVED it. My husband was really impressed and had to send pics to his friends at work lol My girls were thrilled with the room, my 7 year old loved the fireworks in the headboards. I thought she would be sick of them after a day or two but no. What I liked best was the location. You just cross the bridge and you're at the main building. I also loved that we were minutes from POFQ and the walk is so nice along the river. We went and ate at their food court a few times. Next time we're at POR we will be booking a royal room again. :thumbsup2

That is fantastic! We are doing our first couple nights at CBR for a change (before our DVC stay), but I have a feeling we are going to miss our POR! I thought it was a short walk to the food court and we loved the bar and entertainment in there. They don't have an inside bar at CBR like they do at POR. You only live once, OP! Try it and if you don't feel it was worth it, just do something different next time! Have a great trip

Tarheel girl 1975 07-29-2013 08:11 PM

We stayed in both an AB room and a Royal Room on our last trip. DH and I both preferred the room in AB. The headboards in the royal rooms were cool, but the furniture was so big that it made the room feel smaller. I would much rather spend the money on a preferred room.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.