The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Same question, different scenerio (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148918)

disneydork3 07-29-2013 10:37 AM

Same question, different scenerio

We want to do a 7 night over Thanksgiving 2014. We've only been on a 5 night Dream Double Dip so we haven't seen any of these ports or either ship. Here are our options...

Fantasy Eastern ~ St. Maarten/San Juan/Castaway Cay (Sat-Sat)
or
Magic Western ~ Key West/Grand Cayman/Cozumel/Castaway Cay (Sun-Sun)

Both are about the same price so that isn't an issue. Our DD will be 11 years old, no siblings so she spends a lot of time with us (might do Edge, but didn't love the club @ 9 years old). I'm sure they'll have Christmas activities planned, which we are looking forward to.

We don't go to the adult areas, so that is also not an issue although we will do Palo brunch.

I know either one will be a great trip. Our plan is to do all 4 ships (Wonder, Alaska, Eastern/Western on the ship we don't chose this time) if that makes a difference. We like the thought of flying into MCO.

trickiwoo 07-29-2013 10:55 AM

Well, the Dream is very similar to the Fantasy. So I imagine that ship experience will be very similar to your experience on the Dream. You said you wanted to do all 4 ships. So I guess something to consider is if you want to do the Dream and Fantasy right in a row? Or if you'd rather mix it up a bit and do the Magic now, then the Fantasy at some point in the future when it's been longer since you've been on the Dream.

Also, have you been following the new enhancements on the Magic? I'd look at those and see if anything being added to the Magic sounds like something you'd really be interested in!

Another thing to consider is excursions. If you plan on doing any excursions, I'd look at the excursions offered in all those ports you're considering and see if anything especially stands out to you. For example, if you're interested in seeing Mayan ruins, that's something only offered on Western itineraries.

Another factor is if you'd rather have more port days or more days at sea!

The good news is you can't go wrong! You'll have a great vacation either way!

disneydork3 07-29-2013 04:39 PM

Good points trickiwoo. We really don't care, that's the problem! We just want to have a great time and enjoy the vacation. Just not sure what people suggest and why! Thanks for your reply.

cruisecrasher 07-29-2013 05:24 PM

I'd go with the Fantasy if you're a sea day person (I love sea days, personally).
The Magic has more port days, so if you prefer port days, there's that.
I'm really curious to see the post refurb Magic, too.
I try to pick itineraries and ships I haven't been on, though...

disneydork3 07-29-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisecrasher (Post 49115532)
I'd go with the Fantasy if you're a sea day person (I love sea days, personally).
The Magic has more port days, so if you prefer port days, there's that.
I'm really curious to see the post refurb Magic, too.
I try to pick itineraries and ships I haven't been on, though...

Can you tell me why you like sea days? We had one sea day and decided to stay onboard while at Nassau. We liked that the ship was less crowded with people in port. Just wondering what the difference would is. TIA

darkwing818 07-29-2013 06:32 PM

For us sea days equal Palo Brunch or Remy Lunch. :thumbsup2