The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Theater tours? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148571)

plumeriainseattle 07-28-2013 09:02 PM

Theater tours?

My 17yr old daughter is a theater person. Both onstage (acting, singing, dancing ) and off (directing, light design, stage crew). Does anyone know if they DREAM offers any type of backstage tour, similar to the kitchen/galley tours you can sign up for? I haven't been able to find anything. I am willing to pay for this, since not only will my daughter be thrilled, but, she can get school credit for it too!

lbgraves 07-28-2013 09:30 PM

They haven't offered this in a few years. When they did, it was for adults 18+.

bfaber 07-28-2013 10:11 PM

I was looking at a Navigator from the June 13 Fantasy and it had a theater tour for teens. My daughter is also very interested in that and hoping it is offerred on our October cruise.

disneylove69 07-28-2013 10:49 PM

I was on magic or wonder few years back and they had theatre tour which consisted of walking on stage, being told a things about the stage and touching costumes. Had to be 18+. Was part of the adult enrichment.

GAKoch 07-29-2013 06:22 AM

We were on the June 13 Fantasy and they did this as a Vibe activity. One of the show cast members came and talked to them about life in the theater on the cruise and took them around the theater. My theater teens loved it. I don't know if this is done every cruise or not.

GA

Chris Herbert 07-29-2013 07:35 AM

Theatre Tour

My son was 17 in 2009, preparing to study Musical Theatre in the fall. We asked at Guest Services if he could meet with the cast and maybe tour the back stage area. They set it up for him within a day. He met with the cast members, saw everything backstage, costumes, scenery, how they made it all work. He had an amazing time and we were thrilled that they took the time to do that for him. He just graduated in May with a Bachelor Degree in Music with a major in Musical Theatre......

plumeriainseattle 07-29-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Herbert
My son was 17 in 2009, preparing to study Musical Theatre in the fall. We asked at Guest Services if he could meet with the cast and maybe tour the back stage area. They set it up for him within a day. He met with the cast members, saw everything backstage, costumes, scenery, how they made it all work. He had an amazing time and we were thrilled that they took the time to do that for him. He just graduated in May with a Bachelor Degree in Music with a major in Musical Theatre......

This is great to know and exactly the thing my daughter would love. (And is going to study musical theatre as well.)

I wonder If there is a way to preplan it prior to the cruise.

over50visits 07-29-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Herbert (Post 49108988)

Just goes to show it never hurts to ask. Depending on the phase of the moon and the amount of pixie dust in the air, you never know what will happen on the ship.

On one of our cruises Palo was full for brunch, and we were talking with our server feeling sad about that. Well, the next day at CC the manager of Palo found us and invited us to brunch the next day! We were speechless...