The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Book 4 nights POFQ - sigh... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148568)

jgates 07-28-2013 09:01 PM

Book 4 nights POFQ - sigh...

Did get a AAA discount for a garden room for a total of $742. Adding this onto a conference at Gaylord Palms. It will be my first Disney visit alone so a different experience for me. I really like the size & layout of POFQ & have been waiting to get back there.

I have a single PH left I can use up and I can take 2 days off another one with 5 left. Only irritant is that then leaves me & my daughter out of sync. She would have 5 left and I would have 3 left on those passes. Very frustrating as I know there is one more PH left around here with a single day on it & of course when you WANT to find it, it's nowhere around!!! Laws of life I guess.

Contemplating if a good offer comes out on 8/1 of changing, but thinking I could just keep it the cheapest by using old tickets as the AAA discount nearly pays for a lot of my food.

Just rambling.....thanks!

Sue M 07-29-2013 12:02 AM

I'm confused! About the ticket thing :rotfl: but congrats on getting POFQ. We had an AAA discount there in January, but then the stay, playb& dine promo came out, and we switched to that. We enjoyed our stay at POFQ! Nice resort.

Marthasor 07-29-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgates (Post 49106044)
Did get a AAA discount for a garden room for a total of $742. Adding this onto a conference at Gaylord Palms. It will be my first Disney visit alone so a different experience for me. I really like the size & layout of POFQ & have been waiting to get back there.

I have a single PH left I can use up and I can take 2 days off another one with 5 left. Only irritant is that then leaves me & my daughter out of sync. She would have 5 left and I would have 3 left on those passes. Very frustrating as I know there is one more PH left around here with a single day on it & of course when you WANT to find it, it's nowhere around!!! Laws of life I guess.

Contemplating if a good offer comes out on 8/1 of changing, but thinking I could just keep it the cheapest by using old tickets as the AAA discount nearly pays for a lot of my food.

It sounds like a room-only discount will be released as well - if it is, it will most likely be less than the AAA discount, so don't despair!!! It sounds like you have no need for the FD comes out so try for the room-only discount and then maybe buy yourself another ticket? Or see if you can add two days to the ticket you have?

snykymom 07-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgates (Post 49106044)

I am assuming that either (1) these tickets were issued before the MYW ticket changes, and so were automatically non-expiring, or (2) these MYW tickets had the non-expiring option added.

If neither of these is true, then you don't have any days left on any ticket. All MYW tickets without the (expensive) non-expiring option expired 14 days from the date of first use.