The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Disney Cruiseline Question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3147792)

mymainmouse 07-27-2013 12:44 PM

Disney Cruiseline Question
 
In January I booked 3 inside staterooms for my family that departs Jan 15th 2014. I paid the deposit for each room. I just found out that my daughter has a school conflict during our cruise. If I cancel now would I get our deposits back or not? I haven't found a good answer on the disney website except that concierge/suite staterooms would be charged a cancellation fee which would be the deposit. I don't know if that applies to our inside staterooms as well. Any thoughts?

jdb in AZ 07-27-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymainmouse (Post 49092888)
In January I booked 3 inside staterooms for my family that departs Jan 15th 2014. I paid the deposit for each room. I just found out that my daughter has a school conflict during our cruise. If I cancel now would I get our deposits back or not? I haven't found a good answer on the disney website except that concierge/suite staterooms would be charged a cancellation fee which would be the deposit. I don't know if that applies to our inside staterooms as well. Any thoughts?

Non-concierge/suite room deposits will be refunded as long as you cancel before the paid-in-full date.

mymainmouse 07-27-2013 09:19 PM

Thanks! That is the answer I was hoping for. :)

lanejudy 07-27-2013 09:24 PM

Alternatively, as long as you are before the PIF you can just change the date and all deposits and payments made will transfer to the new date.

Good luck to your DD with her school conflict, and I hope you get to cruise eventually!

mymainmouse 07-28-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanejudy (Post 49096610)
Alternatively, as long as you are before the PIF you can just change the date and all deposits and payments made will transfer to the new date.

Good luck to your DD with her school conflict, and I hope you get to cruise eventually!

Thanks! I am hoping to change to a different date as long as there aren't anymore conflicts. We are really looking forward to it. :goodvibes

jrabbit 07-29-2013 01:56 PM

If your daughter is before middle school, and the "conflict" is school imposed - I would keep my original plans "skip school". If its something she really wants to do - well you are the parent and have to evaluate your situation.

When our son was in 7th grade, he played on a "tournament" basketball team and was NOT happy that he was on the ship and would rather have been at home for basketball. Once we had our first shore day, he came around and enjoyed the rest of the cruise.

Again, its a decision that only you can make!

mymainmouse 08-08-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrabbit (Post 49112338)
If your daughter is before middle school, and the "conflict" is school imposed - I would keep my original plans "skip school". If its something she really wants to do - well you are the parent and have to evaluate your situation.

When our son was in 7th grade, he played on a "tournament" basketball team and was NOT happy that he was on the ship and would rather have been at home for basketball. Once we had our first shore day, he came around and enjoyed the rest of the cruise.

Again, its a decision that only you can make!

Our daughter is a junior in highschool. I decided to go ahead and switch the dates. It made me a little sad because now our trip is farther away but her participation in this event will look good on her records for college. When she was in elementary and middle school I had no problem with her missing any school stuff. I feel family time is just as important as school time. :) She is missing another school thing and isn't very happy about it but I am hoping that she, like your son, will get over it and enjoy the cruise. :thumbsup2

sskem96 08-08-2013 09:02 AM

I have a daughter who is a junior also, as well as a freshman. We booked for Jan 5-9 so the kids will only miss the 1st 4 days back after Christmas break. I'm hoping nothing too terribly important will happen that soon after break. We had originally planned to go over spring break, but we found out that softball players are required to be at school practicing during that time, so this was the best alternative we could come up with. I work at a hospital and DH is in retail management, so neither of us can be gone over a holiday. It makes scheduling tough with kids in high school!

mymainmouse 08-14-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sskem96 (Post 49219813)
I have a daughter who is a junior also, as well as a freshman. We booked for Jan 5-9 so the kids will only miss the 1st 4 days back after Christmas break. I'm hoping nothing too terribly important will happen that soon after break. We had originally planned to go over spring break, but we found out that softball players are required to be at school practicing during that time, so this was the best alternative we could come up with. I work at a hospital and DH is in retail management, so neither of us can be gone over a holiday. It makes scheduling tough with kids in high school!

I totally understand. We have a hard time getting away during the summer and holidays too. Family time is just too precious to me to not go so they don't miss a little school. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.