The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How bout that silverseas cruise ship and the cdc (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3147000)

Kendal 07-25-2013 06:12 PM

How bout that silverseas cruise ship and the cdc
 
If any of you search the silver seas cruise line and the CDC ( center for disease control) fails health inspection over food and cookware and various others... It's my understating that these cruises cost up to 5000 per week for one person.. I know Disney cost more than most other cruise but they say u get what u pay for I agree fully!!!! Except this case I am glad Disney cruise line is who they are. They may be in it for themselves but I believe that also look out for their customers to a certain extent!!!!' They know without us there would be no Disney!!!!! What was that cruise line thinking that is down right wrong!!!! We love you Disney!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MillauFr 07-25-2013 06:19 PM

I've searched the restaurant inspection reports for King County Washington and some of the worst offenders were often the high end places. Not what I would expect.

Kendal 07-25-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillauFr (Post 49077401)
I've searched the restaurant inspection reports for King County Washington and some of the worst offenders were often the high end places. Not what I would expect.

This is really non sense who would want to cruise on that cruise line after this in my opinion that's worse than the stuff that went on with carnival carnival was a accident thi stuff was on purpose

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

OKW Lover 07-26-2013 09:05 AM

Those interested can find the CDC reports for any cruise ship at http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/

Kendal 07-26-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover (Post 49082048)
Those interested can find the CDC reports for any cruise ship at http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/

Thanks for posting this I am not smart enough to do that lol thank you

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

mhconley 07-26-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover (Post 49082048)
Those interested can find the CDC reports for any cruise ship at http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/

Very interesting reading...

Martin

Tonka's Skipper 07-26-2013 10:54 AM

We have to remember that the health departments are a government agency and you can fail one of these inspections with after you read why, you would think it minor and easily fixed or repaired. Even for just paperwork.

I do not now why this vessel failed.

Now with all that said, should it happen...NO........but the issue can be blown out of proportion.

AKK

mhconley 07-26-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper (Post 49083155)
We have to remember that the health departments are a government agency and you can fail one of these inspections with after you read why, you would think it minor and easily fixed or repaired. Even for just paperwork.

I do not now why this vessel failed.

Now with all that said, should it happen...NO........but the issue can be blown out of proportion.

AKK

I agree... Reading the reports of what happened on the Silversea Silver Shadow failed inspection and the actual report it looks like someone in-charge panicked in a surprise inspection during a meal service. It was definitely a management / training issue.

Nice to see the Disney Fantasy with 100 scores but the comments in the Corrective Action Report still makes you go hmmmm...

I hate to see a write up of an inspection of my home. :rotfl:

Martin

Kendal 07-26-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper (Post 49083155)
We have to remember that the health departments are a government agency and you can fail one of these inspections with after you read why, you would think it minor and easily fixed or repaired. Even for just paperwork.

I do not now why this vessel failed.

Now with all that said, should it happen...NO........but the issue can be blown out of proportion.

AKK

Now that you have read the report now google this and see what u find there was meat put into sinks of the steward cabins there were all kinda of food and vegetables being stored in the workers corridors an 10 steward cabins... Take the time to google this am u will see pictures and not just a repott

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

jennylyn_b 07-26-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendal (Post 49083933)

Now that you have read the report now google this and see what u find there was meat put into sinks of the steward cabins there were all kinda of food and vegetables being stored in the workers corridors an 10 steward cabins... Take the time to google this am u will see pictures and not just a repott

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yeah it's pretty nasty! Food belongs in the kitchen, fridges and pantry not cabins of the workers. Gross

TwinPrincessMermaids 07-26-2013 01:02 PM

My honey was playing it on the computer and I overheard it. Why in the world were they storing food in the cabins? I just don't understand it at all.

mordecai 07-26-2013 01:38 PM

This reminded me of the last day of my cruise last September I was sitting at Breakfast as they were doing an internal inspection of some of the display cases in the Royal Palace, I looked over at the one cast member who was swabbing the very back inside of a food display case with a cotton ball and carefully inspecting it with a UV light (or some light thing). I must have caught his eye and he says to me "We take cleaning very very seriously".

That said they weren't making a show of what they were doing which made me feel pretty good about their internal health regulations, let alone when they're inspected by outside sources.

Microbe1936 07-26-2013 02:04 PM

Disney takes food safety and public health to a level not realized by the rest of the cruise industry. A colleague of mine in Atlanta works for CDC Vessel Sanitation, and this individual expressed to me Disney Cruise Line is at the top when it comes o food safety and public health. This gives me great satisfaction, as my DDs 4 and 6 along with DW will be on the Disney Dream in just 62 more days! Good Job DCL!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

TwinPrincessMermaids 07-26-2013 02:23 PM

I was impressed by all the efforts to keep spreading things down, like the Wipey Patrol outside of all the food venues. Yay for vigilance!

Kendal 07-26-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids (Post 49085119)
I was impressed by all the efforts to keep spreading things down, like the Wipey Patrol outside of all the food venues. Yay for vigilance!

I agree every time u turn around there was someone with a wipe or some kind if anti bacterial stuff witch is nice knowing what happens on other shipa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.