The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Will they store Car/ booster Seats (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3146789)

Irishgrl 07-25-2013 10:04 AM

Will they store Car/ booster Seats

Trying to figure out the best way to travel with our Car seat since we need to rent a car. Will they store Car Seats some where or will I have to find room in our Room for it.

Arkum 07-25-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishgrl (Post 49072990)
Trying to figure out the best way to travel with our Car seat since we need to rent a car. Will they store Car Seats some where or will I have to find room in our Room for it.

I'm pretty sure you need to place them in your cabin.

PrincessShmoo 07-25-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

You must store it in your room. Many people keep it in the bathtub (when not in use).

Peytonthe1st 07-25-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

When we took DD (the 3 yo) on a 12 day cruise we had rental cars, took shuttles, participated in excursions on buses AND needed a stroller.

Don't know if it's too much ($ and needs wise), too late or not, but I highly recommend a sit n stroll. You can google it. They cost like $300 new, but we got a used on Craigslist for $100.

When we weren't using the stroller/seat we just stored it in a closet.

Good luck!

terryellen1 07-25-2013 11:15 AM

On our wonder cruise in February they stored the car seat for us and brought it out again when we needed it in Cozemel

noahsketomom 07-25-2013 11:19 AM

We used Avis rental cars both ways for our cruise and they stored our car seats in the Port Canaveral Avis Office.
:thumbsup2

lbgraves 07-25-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryellen1 (Post 49073784)
On our wonder cruise in February they stored the car seat for us and brought it out again when we needed it in Cozemel

You are the very first person I have ever known to have DCL store something for you. Ten cruises since 2003 and the rule has always been if you bring it on the ship it goes in your room.

You can store the car seat at the bottom of the closet easily with the back to the side or back of the closet.

Illini_Fan 07-25-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahsketomom (Post 49073819)
We used Avis rental cars both ways for our cruise and they stored our car seats in the Port Canaveral Avis Office.
:thumbsup2

This was our experience with Avis as well. They have a storage room / extra office and they tag your car seat. You pick it up when you pick up your car after the cruise. It was very easy.

lundve 07-25-2013 08:32 PM

We used Budget both ways and took our seats with us to the ship. On the way home from the Port the lady told us they could have stored them for us. We isn't realize it else we would have left them in the car for hubby to store after he left us at the Port.

terryellen1 07-26-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgraves (Post 49074602)
You are the very first person I have ever known to have DCL store something for you. Ten cruises since 2003 and the rule has always been if you bring it on the ship it goes in your room.

You can store the car seat at the bottom of the closet easily with the back to the side or back of the closet.

I guess I didn't realize this was a no-no....I just left it outside the room and asked nicely if they would store it for us....there wasn't even a hesitation ... Guess I got lucky :)

MoxieandPixie 07-26-2013 07:27 AM

we are renting the car seats from the rental car company. i don't want to have to store them, so it is worth the cost.

lauti 07-26-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoxieandPixie (Post 49081733)
we are renting the car seats from the rental car company. i don't want to have to store them, so it is worth the cost.

I'd caution against this from a safety standpoint. Lots of them are dirty/not well taken care of and you don't know the history of the seat or if its been in an accident etc...

PrincessShmoo 07-26-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryellen1 (Post 49081531)
I guess I didn't realize this was a no-no....I just left it outside the room and asked nicely if they would store it for us....there wasn't even a hesitation ... Guess I got lucky :)

Were you in Concierge?

terryellen1 07-30-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 49083268)
Were you in Concierge?

Sorry I am not on much....I was not in Concierge

MoxieandPixie 08-01-2013 03:09 PM

Just wanted to follow up. Just arrived at mco and picked up the rental car with rental car seats. Both seats were spotless and in excellent condition. No stains, smells cracks or rips. They are basic evenflo seats. We rented with Budget. DH is great at installing seats so they are in tight. I would totally do this again.