The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   After cruise, can you just get on bus without reservation? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3146234)

Jillpie 07-24-2013 01:28 PM

After cruise, can you just get on bus without reservation?
 
This is just a curious question and the planning OCD part of me would never go without a reservation, but I'm just wondering...if you are a total newbie at this, didn't think of transportation to your Disney hotel till the morning of debarkation, could you walk outside, go up to that desk and ask to get on and pay there?

mmouse37 07-24-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillpie (Post 49062817)
This is just a curious question and the planning OCD part of me would never go without a reservation, but I'm just wondering...if you are a total newbie at this, didn't think of transportation to your Disney hotel till the morning of debarkation, could you walk outside, go up to that desk and ask to get on and pay there?

No, Not outside, but I have bought a transfer that morning at the GS desk onboard. There is no desk outside or means to accept payment. It would have to be done onboard.

MJ

Jillpie 07-24-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmouse37 (Post 49062839)
No, Not outside, but I have bought a transfer that morning at the GS desk onboard. There is no desk outside or mean to pay. It would have to be done onboard.

MJ

Ok, so that desk outside is strictly for telling you which bus to get on and that's it?

mmouse37 07-24-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillpie (Post 49062865)
Ok, so that desk outside is strictly for telling you which bus to get on and that's it?

Possibly....last cruise I did not even notice a desk!!!

MJ

Jillpie 07-24-2013 01:35 PM

And now that I think about it, nobody even validated that morning whether we had any proof that we paid, I thought that was a little strange.

Jillpie 07-24-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmouse37 (Post 49062903)
Possibly....last cruise I did not even notice a desk!!!

MJ

Lol, how did you know which bus to get on?

mmouse37 07-24-2013 01:36 PM

When we normally pre arrange DCL transfers the CM checks our KTTW card as we leave the terminal to see if we purchased transfers...they just look at it so it must have some code on it to prove transfers were purchased.

MJ

mmouse37 07-24-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Lol, how did you know which bus to get on?
The CM outside greets you and asks where you are heading to and directs you to correct bus (WDW buses or MCO buses). The tend to load and leave when full so there are a few buses going to each place.

MJ

Jillpie 07-24-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmouse37 (Post 49062924)
When we normally pre arrange DCL transfers the CM checks our KTTW card as we leave the terminal to see if we purchased transfers...they just look at it so it must have some code on it to prove transfers were purchased.

MJ

Which CM, I don't recall anyone checking, but it's such a fast process getting off they probably did?

jdb in AZ 07-24-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmouse37 (Post 49062924)
When we normally pre arrange DCL transfers the CM checks our KTTW card as we leave the terminal to see if we purchased transfers...they just look at it so it must have some code on it to prove transfers were purchased.

MJ

IIRC if you buy the transfer onboard, they put a tiny sticker on your KTTW card.

Jillpie 07-24-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmouse37 (Post 49062942)
The CM outside greets you and asks where you are heading to and directs you to correct bus (WDW buses or MCO buses). The tend to load and leave when full so there are a few buses going to each place.

MJ

Ah okay, it was a whirlwind getting off I just can't remember anyone checking our card but makes sense. Thanks MJ it's been nice talkin to ya!:)

mmouse37 07-24-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillpie (Post 49062985)
Ah okay, it was a whirlwind getting off I just can't remember anyone checking our card but makes sense. Thanks MJ it's been nice talkin to ya!:)

Same here!!!:)

MJ

jjgarv 07-24-2013 01:49 PM

I can confirm..
 
if you schedule transfer and pay for it before departing the ship, they put a sticker on your KTTW card. Anyone recall what the rate is pp for one way transfer?

mmouse37 07-24-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjgarv (Post 49063085)
if you schedule transfer and pay for it before departing the ship, they put a sticker on your KTTW card. Anyone recall what the rate is pp for one way transfer?

Yep..$35 pp one way. Under 3 is free, I believe.

MJ

shoes99 07-24-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillpie (Post 49062910)
And now that I think about it, nobody even validated that morning whether we had any proof that we paid, I thought that was a little strange.

If you paid for transfers there would be a code T on your key to the world card. If you want to add a last minute transfer you go to the desk.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.