The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Wilderness Lodge Quick Service questions/ Captain Cooks (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3146209)

luvmylatte 07-24-2013 11:55 AM

Wilderness Lodge Quick Service questions/ Captain Cooks

Staying at Wilderness Lodge in September and upon looking at the QS it looks a little sparse, so I am thinking of traveling over to Poly and going to Captain Cooks a few times. How is Cap Cooks, similar to Wilderness QS? We will be having sit down breakfast at Wilderness just not every day. Just wanted to break it up a little.

gingerfeathers 07-24-2013 12:03 PM

I'm not sure what their menus are like these days since we haven't been in two years, but I think both are decent QS options. I don't recall having anything bad at either.

TheRustyScupper 07-24-2013 01:53 PM

Roaring Fork at WL is decent for breakfast.
served breakfast from 7-11 a.m.

Waffles
Bananas Foster Waffles
Mickey Waffles with Bananas in a Buttered Rum-flavored Sauce, served with Bacon
$7.39

Strawberry and Cream Waffles
Mickey Waffles with Fresh Strawberries and Fresh Whipped Cream, served with Bacon
$7.39

Chocolate Lovers Waffles
Mickey Waffles with Chocolate Chips, Whipped Cream, and Chocolate Sauce, served with Bacon
$7.39

Breakfast from the Grill
Bounty Platter
with Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes, Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, and a Biscuit
$8.79

Breakfast Croissant
with Bacon, Egg, and Cheese, served with Potatoes
$6.99

Pancakes with Bacon
$5.59

Sides
Cheese Grits

From the Bakery
Assorted Muffins
Croissants
Assorted Bagels
Cinnamon Sticky Buns
Danish

Breakfast Waffle Station - Kids
Kids' Bananas Foster Waffles
Mickey Waffles with warm Bananas in a Buttered Rum-flavored Sauce, served with Bacon and Applesauce
$4.99

Kids' Strawberry and Cream Waffles
Mickey Waffles with Fresh Strawberries and Whipped Cream, served with Bacon and Applesauce
$4.99

Kids' Chocolate Lovers Waffles
Mickey Waffles with Chocolate Chips, Whipped Cream, and Chocolate Sauce, served with Bacon and Applesauce
$4.99

Kids' Meals
Breakfast Platter
with Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, and Applesauce. includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Water
$4.99

Pancakes
with Bacon and Applesauce, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Water
$4.99

mickeynut1 07-24-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmylatte (Post 49062432)
Staying at Wilderness Lodge in September and upon looking at the QS it looks a little sparse, so I am thinking of traveling over to Poly and going to Captain Cooks a few times. How is Cap Cooks, similar to Wilderness QS? We will be having sit down breakfast at Wilderness just not every day. Just wanted to break it up a little.

Everyone's opinion is different, but we have always found Roaring Forks to have a pretty good variety (for our tastes, anyway). With that said, Captain Cooks and Roaring Forks are two of our favorite resort CS places.

princessallegra 07-24-2013 08:01 PM

We actually hated captain cooks when we stayed at the poly! And we love roaring forks. Different strokes i guess! The menu at captain cooks was not to our liking.

EspositoScoresOTR 07-24-2013 08:59 PM

Love Captain Cooks, but the RF menu looks good too.

mirage0306 07-24-2013 09:04 PM

The nachos and the pork sandwich at capt cooks were both fantastic.