The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   PORFQ-Logistics Help! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3144449)

Martyap 07-21-2013 05:42 AM

PORFQ-Logistics Help!
 
We arrive next Sunday.....family of 10. We will have two cars at our disposal but hopefully we can use the WDW transportation system as much as possible. This is our first experience so your guidance is appreciated. Also......about how long we should plan to get to each location.......Many Thanks!!!!!

Please correct or add to what I have so far + time we should plan to reach each location:

1. PORFQ to MK: lots of buses to MK take you right to the gate rather than (TTC). Best to use buses.

2. PORFQ to AK ....Would it be best to drive for 8am EMH???

3. PORFQ to Fort Wilderness Resort 6:15 Hoop Dee Doo show....would have to take the bus to MK and transfer to the ferry to Fort Wilderness. Is it better to drive?

4. PORFQ to Epcot...........lots of buses.....no problem.

5. PORFQ to ‘Ohana/Polynesian Resort 5:20 ADR.......could take the bus to MK and transfer to the monorail. It is an early ADR....Better to drive or take the bus/monorail????

6. PORFQ to DTD......boat right at the resort

7. PORFQ to Mama Melrose/Fantasmic dinner 6pm....show 9pm.........would have to take a bus to DHS. This is our last night at PORFQ......Is it easier to drive to DHS???

I posted this here rather than the transportation board because I know your answers will be spot on.

Karen

goofyredraider 07-21-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyap (Post 49028385)
We arrive next Sunday.....family of 10. We will have two cars at our disposal but hopefully we can use the WDW transportation system as much as possible. This is our first experience so your guidance is appreciated. Also......about how long we should plan to get to each location.......Many Thanks!!!!!

Please correct or add to what I have so far + time we should plan to reach each location:

1. PORFQ to MK: lots of buses to MK take you right to the gate rather than (TTC). Best to use buses.

2. PORFQ to AK ....Would it be best to drive for 8am EMH???

3. PORFQ to Fort Wilderness Resort 6:15 Hoop Dee Doo show....would have to take the bus to MK and transfer to the ferry to Fort Wilderness. Is it better to drive?

4. PORFQ to Epcot...........lots of buses.....no problem.

5. PORFQ to ‘Ohana/Polynesian Resort 5:20 ADR.......could take the bus to MK and transfer to the monorail. It is an early ADR....Better to drive or take the bus/monorail????

6. PORFQ to DTD......boat right at the resort

7. PORFQ to Mama Melrose/Fantasmic dinner 6pm....show 9pm.........would have to take a bus to DHS. This is our last night at PORFQ......Is it easier to drive to DHS???

I posted this here rather than the transportation board because I know your answers will be spot on.

Karen

1.yes
2. Not sure
3. Drive. Take the internal FW bus. Especially if the weather is iffy - that ferry might be delayed(btdt...ugh)
4. Yes
5. Drive
6. Yes
7.Id probably bus it

Martyap 07-21-2013 08:39 AM

Thanks!

minnie mum 07-21-2013 09:55 AM

I'm going to agree with goofyredraider. It will be quicker to drive to your dinner reservations rather than take multiple Disney transportation vehicles. If you want to go to MK after 'Ohana, you will want to use valet parking ($15 + tip), since public parking at the resort is limited to 3 hours.

And because Epcot and DHS are so very close to your resort, it will most likely be easier to use the buses- any wait you have for the bus will most likely not be as long as it would take you to park and walk or tram to the entrance of the park.

You might be better off driving to AK. I think (but not positive) that the AK bus also has a stop at one of the water parks, making it a little longer drive.

OurBigTrip 07-21-2013 10:32 AM

We've stayed at POFQ three times, and these are our general rules (we travel with teens):

1. We always drive to the park in the morning, then whomever wants to leave or go somewhere else uses Disney transportation.

2. DH and I usually return to the resort around lunch time, and take the car. If the kids want to stay, they use Disney transportation.

3. When returning to the parks in the late afternoon/evening, we use Disney transportation UNLESS we have an ADR, then we drive.

4. Going resort to resort for ADRs, we drive.

Martyap 07-21-2013 12:20 PM

Thanks for all the tips.

I understand that DTD is a 15 minute ferry boat ride.
It seems like Epcot and DHS are fairly close to PORFQ.....about how long a bus ride? car ride?
Same with MK & AK......how long by bus? car?

Just looking for general info. I certainly understand that some times of the day are busy and waiting times are longer.

mmouse50 07-21-2013 01:23 PM

The boat to DTD is great but if it starts lighting or bad weather they will stop the boats. You will then have to take the bus back to the resort. That happened to me once - I swear it would have be easier to take a taxi back to the resort rather than fight the bus at DTD it was chaos.

dawgsgirl 07-21-2013 02:51 PM

I would use the bus to AK. The parking lot might not open until 8:00. The bus would get you there prior to 8:00 opening.

DWillowBay 07-21-2013 03:23 PM

There's a good transportation wizard on www.ourlaughingplace.com. It will tell you alternative travel options and time to budget for each option. :moped:

Sue M 07-21-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyap (Post 49028385)
We arrive next Sunday.....family of 10. We will have two cars at our disposal but hopefully we can use the WDW transportation system as much as possible. This is our first experience so your guidance is appreciated. Also......about how long we should plan to get to each location.......Many Thanks!!!!!

Please correct or add to what I have so far + time we should plan to reach each location:

1. PORFQ to MK: lots of buses to MK take you right to the gate rather than (TTC). Best to use buses.

2. PORFQ to AK ....Would it be best to drive for 8am EMH???

3. PORFQ to Fort Wilderness Resort 6:15 Hoop Dee Doo show....would have to take the bus to MK and transfer to the ferry to Fort Wilderness. Is it better to drive?

4. PORFQ to Epcot...........lots of buses.....no problem.

5. PORFQ to ‘Ohana/Polynesian Resort 5:20 ADR.......could take the bus to MK and transfer to the monorail. It is an early ADR....Better to drive or take the bus/monorail????

6. PORFQ to DTD......boat right at the resort

7. PORFQ to Mama Melrose/Fantasmic dinner 6pm....show 9pm.........would have to take a bus to DHS. This is our last night at PORFQ......Is it easier to drive to DHS???

I posted this here rather than the transportation board because I know your answers will be spot on.

Karen

1. Yes, direct to MK
2. I'd bus
3. I'd drive
4. Yes
5. I'd take the bus to MK then Poly ferry.
6. Def. the boat
7. I'd bus. But I don't mind the wdw transportation.

The web site Our Laughing Place will give you transportation times. Great web site.

msjprincess 07-21-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWillowBay (Post 49032195)
There's a good transportation wizard on www.ourlaughingplace.com. It will tell you alternative travel options and time to budget for each option. :moped:

Unfortunately they don't factor in wait times and some of the info is outdated. They still list a direct bus from the BW to CSR. That was discontinued about 10 years ago. It also says to take a bus to Epcot and then walk to the Epcot resorts. Nowhere does it mention that you have to walk through the park and need park admission.

Allison 07-21-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWillowBay (Post 49032195)
There's a good transportation wizard on www.ourlaughingplace.com. It will tell you alternative travel options and time to budget for each option. :moped:

I wouldn't use this. It comes up with some strange suggestions.

Martyap 07-21-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allison (Post 49033299)
I wouldn't use this. It comes up with some strange suggestions.

I had downloaded a new one called DPart.....gives bus times


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.