The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3143936)

CRod 07-19-2013 08:28 PM

Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs?

I need some help in deciding which of these two resorts to stay at! My husband and I, our 2 y/o and 6 month old are going again in November. I have stayed at CS twice and POR once and thoroughly enjoyed them both. He hasn't stayed at either of them and we can't decide. Which would you pick and why?!

wdwjeffc37 07-19-2013 08:51 PM

i personally like CSR. The dig site pool is awesome. We like the Cabanas section, mostly because the buildings are just two story. CSR is kind of big, but we love walking around the lake at night, it's beautiful. The bus service is good. The Pepper Market is OK. Some people like it some don't. We don't eat at the resort much so it is a non-issue with us. POR is nice too, with the boat to DTD, but we prefer CSR. Looking forward to getting a business class room next time to have access to the Cococino lounge. Either way you'll have a great time.:):):)

LLCM 07-19-2013 09:14 PM

First I love all the resorts at WDW between stays and dinners at different ones I love them all. With that The Coronado is very sprawling my main problem was we were in Ranchos 7B close to a bus stop, a smaller pool and the main beautiful pool but not close to the main building. I love shipping any items back to Resort and found it by the end of the day I hated walking back to the room often alone because the kids were exhausted from the park and grabbing something quick from the Pepper Market had to be scheduled in to our mornings because it was sometimes just easier to jump on a bus by our room and go to a park. I felt that we didn't get to truly enjoy the surroundings because of our go go go ways...we are staying at PO Riverside in the Royal Rooms this time arround first time there ourselves!! (We have stayed at the French Quarters before) you can't lose at any if you pick the Coronado see if you can maybe get into the Cabanas building 9 would be ideal to get to main pool and main building :surfweb:

Shanna-like-Banana 07-19-2013 10:28 PM

We would pick POR any day :)

DH and I stayed a CSR and we just thought it was mmeehhhhh...

It seemed more like an apartment complex, than a resort to us.

Sue M 07-19-2013 10:36 PM

POR mansion section is our fav. Love the theming, boat to DTD, evening entertainment, food court, beautiful grounds, and the rooms have been recently refurbed

shannon006 07-20-2013 10:23 PM

We haven't stayed at either, but debated the same 2 resorts. We have visited both, both are beautiful and have so much to offer. The boat to DTD is something we have loved doing, even without staying at POR. We generally will take the water taxi and have walked around and eaten there. So that was the reason for us.

We had booked a king room, as it is just me and dh on this trip. However I didn't even see or know that AB was a completely different them than the mansions, so today I changed our room to a royal guest room, just to be sure we would have a mansion room.

expeditioneverestgrl 07-21-2013 01:37 PM

POR!! Nice food court, pool, boat to DtD!

Princess Katherine 07-21-2013 01:52 PM

I would choose CS. POR seems kind of second-class. CSR is like a deluxe to me. It has all the amenities. It has a nicer room, nicer location, I think an overall nicer resort. Although I would stay at both, I like CSR's pool better. Theme better. Restaurants better. I also love the Cabanas section. I would choose this section because it is really close to the pool and the main section. Which includes the restaurants. Ranchos is good if you want to be away from it all, but I prefer Cabanas because of the beautiful beach and views of the lake. You can take a chair out there and just watch the wildlife. Also, the bathrooms at POR make me cringe, while CSR look really nice and have a door. CSR also has better lighting. Not that that really matters that much. CSR seems more well-rounded. :)

Katie