The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Grocery order to resorts (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3143847)

bishop1989 07-19-2013 03:58 PM

Grocery order to resorts

We are flying in and staying at the Boardwalk. What is the best way, or best place to order from, to have groceries; such as milk water cereal and fruit sent to our resort? What are the costs for delivery?

pens4821 07-19-2013 04:32 PM

I've read up on garden grocer. Prices a little higher than at home, but not bad (some things are). Minimum $40 order, but a $14 delivery fee. Can't figure out if it's worth it for some breakfast bars, juice, water, and snacks (chips and cookies) or not. We're going in January, and are kicking the tires on it. Would like to have some snacks/water in the room (and I'm sure even with the delivery fee it's cheaper to do so offsite than through Disney).

rt2dz 07-19-2013 06:40 PM

There is also We Go Shop. I don't really know all the particulars, but if you Google it, I'm sure it is on the website.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

michelleiada 07-19-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop1989 (Post 49016216)
We are flying in and staying at the Boardwalk. What is the best way, or best place to order from, to have groceries; such as milk water cereal and fruit sent to our resort? What are the costs for delivery?

We recently used the Garden Grocer. I don't believe there was a delivery charge. Of course you pay more for the actual groceries but I will say they were wonderful. Top notch service. Everything we ordered was there waiting for us when we arrived. They even called me that evening to make sure we were satisfied. I would use them again and recommend them! Another option for you if staying at Boardwalk is to walk to the Hess Station which has a small market. If you only need a few things this might work. Some people toll their empty suitcase over and fill up with goods and roll it back.

jwmoss 07-19-2013 07:47 PM

Before you order anything, I would make sure you will have a fridge. I don't remember the specifics, but I know that Disney World has removed the fridges from a majority of the resort rooms due to possible defects. Replacements will take up to 4 months.

HubbDave 07-19-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwmoss (Post 49017839)
Before you order anything, I would make sure you will have a fridge. I don't remember the specifics, but I know that Disney World has removed the fridges from a majority of the resort rooms due to possible defects. Replacements will take up to 4 months.

Well, not a majority all at once, but they are swapping out a certain model, so yes, your room might not have one