The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Does WDW ever combine 30% off w/ free dining? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3142206)

baggirl 07-16-2013 02:39 PM

Does WDW ever combine 30% off w/ free dining?

Just wondering for a future trip if anyone has ever booked a deluxe resort at 30% off and also been able to get free dining if offered? And did you need a pin to do it?

Thanks!

dansdad 07-16-2013 02:42 PM

Historically, you've not been able stack discounts. You've always had to choose between free dining and % off the room.

spiceycat 07-16-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggirl (Post 48983925)
Just wondering for a future trip if anyone has ever booked a deluxe resort at 30% off and also been able to get free dining if offered? And did you need a pin to do it?

Thanks!

No.

So don't ever count on this. So only book the room you can afford

DznyCrzy11 07-16-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggirl

Thanks!

No, they will not let you combine discounts, unfortunately! That would be awesome if you could!!! If you are going during a time when they offer free dining or % off then you don't need a pin.

Schmeck 07-16-2013 02:54 PM

When you book under free dining, it states that you must pay rack rate and get a certain amount of days on a MYW ticket. That would nullify the 30% discount on a room, and they don't do the AP room discount for free dining either.

cvjw 07-16-2013 03:39 PM

They did - about 5 years ago. We booked a last minute stay at the Wilderness Lodge with free dining and about 25% off of the room price. We were there the 1st week of October for 5 nights. We couldn't stay any longer because my oldest DS couldn't miss any more of 7th grade.

It was the one and only time that I have heard of Disney doing this.

jcjen519 07-16-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvjw (Post 48984628)
They did - about 5 years ago. We booked a last minute stay at the Wilderness Lodge with free dining and about 25% off of the room price. We were there the 1st week of October for 5 nights. We couldn't stay any longer because my oldest DS couldn't miss any more of 7th grade.

nice! we have never booked that kind of a deal, would love to see that again!

Micca 07-16-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

2008? About the time the U.S. economy tanked? They probably did offer some deep discount deals then. I love a good WDW discount, but let's hope it's not under those circumstances again. :earsboy:

Big O 07-20-2013 08:49 AM

I remember back in 2011 when I booked the Poly for the first time. I called central reservations and the lovely woman on the phone offered me free dining with our 3 night stay (in was mid to late August). I turned her offer down....DUH! But I wasn't sure if that was additionally ontop of the 30% discount on the Poly or like OP said, paying the rack rate for the room.

Sandy1892 07-21-2013 06:19 AM

I don't know if this a UK discount but DS and I are staying SSR late Septmber we have a 30% room discount and includes DDP. We did book almost a year ago.

DizneyNutz 07-21-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy1892 (Post 49028484)
I don't know if this a UK discount but DS and I are staying SSR late Septmber we have a 30% room discount and includes DDP. We did book almost a year ago.

Typically when all other resorts onsite are filled to capacity, you can still find availability at SSR. That may help explain your discount at SSR?

DznyCrzy11 07-21-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy1892

Was that ddp offered for free or was it part of the package price?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Tiggr924 07-21-2013 09:37 AM

We did once a few years ago for a moderate. We got a percentage off the room and free dining, but you had to book a certain number of nights. I think it was at least 6 or 7 nights.

pamelasu1 07-21-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

I got this deal, too. I originally had Pop booked with a PIN (can't remember percentage off), then free dining came out and I was able to call back and add the free dining to my already discounted reservation. Those days are long gone, sadly! :sad: Ever since then, it's been one or the other...either a room discount or pay rack rate and get free dining.

RMulieri 07-21-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Agree..It was the ONE and ONLY time we had both a discount and free dining