The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Before EA: SEGA should take care of Star Wars games (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3139244)

Mr X 07-10-2013 07:56 PM

Before EA: SEGA should take care of Star Wars games
 
This is my news, just before Disney sign an agreement with Electronic Arts for Star Wars games, just after the closure of LucasArts.

Disney make deal with SEGA for future Star Wars games.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/yi...and_Mickey.png
Mickey Mouse join forces with Sonic the Hedgehog, after the closure of LucasArts.

After a sad day for Gamers, Disney shut down LucasArts after Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm in 2012.

Disney and SEGA announcing a remake of Castle of Illusions starring Mickey Mouse. I think, SEGA could be perfect for Star Wars games.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._Star_Wars.png

SEGA could sign agreement with Insomniac Games, Gearbox Software and Relic Entertainment to be developers for future Star Wars games.

* Insomniac Games (because it's independence company, because Fuse from Insomniac Games is published by Electronic Arts) will develop future Star Wars: Battlefront series games.

* Gearbox Software (best known for Aliens: Colonial Marines) will develop Star Wars action-adventure games.

* Relic Entertainment (bought by SEGA in 2013, after THQ's Bankruptcy; best known for Company of Heroes series) will develop a Star Wars-themed Company of Heroes games for PC.

While SEGA publish future Star Wars games, Disney Interactive Studios will distribute future Star Wars games.

so what do you think?

DoughR 07-10-2013 09:03 PM

Well if Sega isn't developing the games we'd basically see the same thing with EA where they control the license, they just tell which developers to do what. In that regard, Sega being a shell of their former self, I don't think Star Wars would necessarily be better off. Their handling of the Aliens license has been pretty abysmal, with their latest effort by Gearbox. A Star Wars game by Relic sounds interesting but they develop in genres that don't see mass appeal, especially to the casual Star Wars fan.

On a related note, Square Enix have been on record expressing interest in including Star Wars into Kingdom Hearts. Now that's something that I wouldn't mind seeing.

DizCaptain 07-10-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughR (Post 48924871)
On a related note, Square Enix have been on record expressing interest in including Star Wars into Kingdom Hearts. Now that's something that I wouldn't mind seeing.

I might be in the minority here, but I really don't want to see Marvel or Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts 3. It just wouldn't mesh well in my opinion. Marvel has a very earthly setting, and its fantasy is grounded, as is Star Wars. I get it that Star Wars could work with the gummi ship sequences but neither of these franchises would even look appealing in the art style with which they do Kingdom Hearts. If I had to choose I'd want Star Wars since its more fitting, but honestly I don't want either to make an appearance.

Back to the topic of Sega, I'm content with them making the Castle of Illusion remake, and am extremely hopeful they do a good job and get hired to remake World of Illusion too. Not sure of they'd handle Star Wars well, but hey, anything is better than EA and Origin.

DoughR 07-10-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DizCaptain (Post 48925598)
I might be in the minority here, but I really don't want to see Marvel or Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts 3. It just wouldn't mesh well in my opinion. Marvel has a very earthly setting, and its fantasy is grounded, as is Star Wars. I get it that Star Wars could work with the gummi ship sequences but neither of these franchises would even look appealing in the art style with which they do Kingdom Hearts. If I had to choose I'd want Star Wars since its more fitting, but honestly I don't want either to make an appearance.

Back to the topic of Sega, I'm content with them making the Castle of Illusion remake, and am extremely hopeful they do a good job and get hired to remake World of Illusion too. Not sure of they'd handle Star Wars well, but hey, anything is better than EA and Origin.

Actually I think the dark and light themes of Kingdom Hearts would work rather well with a Star Wars world and seeing how Tron and Pirates looked in Kingdom Hearts 2, I wouldn't be concerned with the appearance. That being said, I wouldn't be upset if it didn't happen either. I just hope that there are at least a couple of Pixar worlds.

The Castle of Illusion remake is exciting, but I'm probably most looking forward to the Ducktales remake from Capcom.

>Ash< 07-12-2013 04:21 AM

Star Wars Lisence
 
I would love to see Star Wars handed over to Bethesda personally, they make the most appealing open world games, i would even say that maybe Valve would be a good choice for there more action orientated games.

But imagine Star Wars universe like skyrim, you create a jedi and your basic goal is to rebuilt the jedi order. Using characters like Yoda in spirit form along to the way to guide you.

could be amazing! anyone else agree?

Letterhead 07-14-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by >Ash< (Post 48937969)
I would love to see Star Wars handed over to Bethesda personally, they make the most appealing open world games, i would even say that maybe Valve would be a good choice for there more action orientated games.

But imagine Star Wars universe like skyrim, you create a jedi and your basic goal is to rebuilt the jedi order. Using characters like Yoda in spirit form along to the way to guide you.

could be amazing! anyone else agree?

Bethesda are up there with Rock Star in terms of putting out excellent games (can't think of a bad game they've made).

However, I think Battlefront 3 will be very good, as the battlefield series has overtaken CoD in the multiplayer arena in recent years.

Mr X 07-16-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by >Ash< (Post 48937969)
I would love to see Star Wars handed over to Bethesda personally, they make the most appealing open world games, i would even say that maybe Valve would be a good choice for there more action orientated games.

But imagine Star Wars universe like skyrim, you create a jedi and your basic goal is to rebuilt the jedi order. Using characters like Yoda in spirit form along to the way to guide you.

could be amazing! anyone else agree?

Well, SEGA is better for Star Wars games than EA, Valve and Bethesda.

I mean, Insomniac Games can make a better developer for future Star Wars Battlefront games, is similar to Resistance series.

Relic Entertainment can make a Company of Heroes-themed Star Wars games for PC, as well as, a Warhammer 40,000-themed Boba Fett games for Xbox One and Playstation 4.

Gearbox Software can make another Star Wars action oriented games.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.