The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   "RapidFill" RFID refillable mugs coming back resort wide... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137564)

doconeill 07-07-2013 06:23 PM

"RapidFill" RFID refillable mugs coming back resort wide...

Just when you thought the test was forgotten and the tech dead...

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013...isney.html?m=1

Seems like this is going in everywhere...what I don't see answered, is can I buy a "length of stay" that covers two separate (but consecutive) resort reservations?

Reddog1134 07-07-2013 06:54 PM

I just saw this and was getting ready to post it.

I am fine with it except for the price increase. I know they are inevitable but this one seems a little steep. They should at least increase the mug size.

To answer your question, Doc. The mugs are usable at any resort and you dont have to be a resort guest to purchase them. So split stays should have no effect.

darnheather 07-07-2013 07:08 PM

What gets me is the comments that say the mugs are "so small". I looked it up and they are 16oz. Only in America. popcorn::

doconeill 07-07-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnheather (Post 48888392)
What gets me is the comments that say the mugs are "so small". I looked it up and they are 16oz. Only in America. popcorn::

They've always been relatively small...they look larger than they are because there is an inner liner, like a flask.

kddisney502 07-07-2013 07:34 PM

Have you seen some of the comments on the article. Some are really funny...like "Jeff" claiming to be from Disney Finance. :rotfl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnheather (Post 48888392)

That's funny cause the "Jeff" says they are 20 oz. Maybe the new ones will be 20 oz?

Yeah I agree they need to decrease theft, but I wish they wouldn't increase the price so much. I'm just tired of the increased charges on everything every year. We're starting to think this might be our last year.

doconeill 07-07-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kddisney502 (Post 48888623)
Have you seen some of the comments on the article. Some are really funny...like "Jeff" claiming to be from Disney Finance. :rotfl:

That's funny cause the "Jeff" says they are 20 oz. Maybe the new ones will be 20 oz?

Yeah I agree they need to decrease theft, but I wish they wouldn't increase the price so much. I'm just tired of the increased charges on everything every year. We're starting to think this might be our last year.

Current mugs are most definitely 16oz, and that's filling it to the brim. I just checked. :)

So unless the new mugs are in fact bigger (maybe a compromise to the limit of how often it will let you fill?), Jeff's off base.

Edit: Jeff was talking about short-use refillable paper cups, which were an option. They only work for an hour, with 4 fills.

darnheather 07-07-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doconeill (Post 48888404)
They've always been relatively small...they look larger than they are because there is an inner liner, like a flask.

My point was that only in America would 16oz of soda be considered ridiculously small. :goodvibes

doconeill 07-07-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnheather (Post 48888879)
My point was that only in America would 16oz of soda be considered ridiculously small. :goodvibes

Well, in the land of 64oz super big gulps... :)

The big thing around here now is the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines that are showing up in all the Five Guys and Burger Kings. The theater we were at today has them now too...free refills if you get the enormous "large", to which I usually respond, WHY?!?

tjkraz 07-07-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doconeill (Post 48887941)
...what I don't see answered, is can I buy a "length of stay" that covers two separate (but consecutive) resort reservations?

The "length of stay" is good for 14 consecutive days and all mugs can be used at any resort. So as long as the trip is 14 days or less, there won't be a problem with split stays.

For more than 14 days, perhaps they'll have to issue a new mug or something like that. Probably not a seamless process but not a terrible inconvenience over such a long stay. Brief stop at the front desk.

vandy 07-07-2013 11:28 PM

I have seen some park restaurants list a self-service soda machine. I can't remember which ones exactly (looked at all menus at same time!), but I believe Be Our Guest was one of them? Anyway, wonder if the self-service dispensers are to accommodate these new mugs since according to the article you can use them at any of the parks or resorts?

darnheather 07-08-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandy (Post 48890625)
I have seen some park restaurants list a self-service soda machine. I can't remember which ones exactly (looked at all menus at same time!), but I believe Be Our Guest was one of them? Anyway, wonder if the self-service dispensers are to accommodate these new mugs since according to the article you can use them at any of the parks or resorts?

No the article does not say you can use them in the park. It clearly states "in the resorts".

Lewisc 07-08-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnheather

No the article does not say you can use them in the park. It clearly states "in the resorts".

It also says in the future you'll be able to use it at the water parks with an extra charge

patsal 07-08-2013 07:28 AM

An excellent way to phase the beverages out of the DDP and jack the price on that too, lol!

Lewisc 07-08-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsal (Post 48891910)
An excellent way to phase the beverages out of the DDP and jack the price on that too, lol!

I think the opposite. Jack up the prices and the included mug makes the DDP look like a better deal.

emilyhuff 07-08-2013 08:50 AM

As ridiculous as all this sounds, i think its good for disney to finally have some control over the fountain machines. I can admit to reusing my mug year after year and have no shame. I just think they should put more fountain machines all over the resorts, not just in the cafeteria, sometimes it can be a hike just to get a drink!