The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pop to Caribbean Beach upgrade????? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3136495)

plove53 07-05-2013 12:14 PM

Pop to Caribbean Beach upgrade?????

I updated my Pop Century trip to Caribbean Beach for almost $400... Nine day trip… You think that was good?

Thanks,

Missytara 07-05-2013 12:34 PM

Any time you can upgrade to a moderate for that kind of price, it is worth it.

Mousemommy1 07-05-2013 12:37 PM

For us, when we "upgraded" from POP to CBR because of a discount, we found ourselves wishing we had stuck with POP. CBR was not to our liking at all, but there are plenty of people who like it. ::yes::

dansdad 07-05-2013 01:12 PM

Good choice. CBR is our favorite moderate. Make sure you take some time to enjoy the resort.:beach:

plove53 07-05-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 (Post 48867504)
For us, when we "upgraded" from POP to CBR because of a discount, we found ourselves wishing we had stuck with POP. CBR was not to our liking at all, but there are plenty of people who like it. ::yes::

Thanks...

Would "just" adults like it? No kids would be with us?????

Julie711 07-05-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plove53

Thanks...

CBR would be perfect for just adults! We have been 2x just DH & myself & 2x with our DD. Its such a relaxing resort!

jperrot1 07-05-2013 04:44 PM

You only paid $50 more per night. I'd say that was worth it:) Nice deal. What time of year are you going to WDW?

plove53 07-05-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jperrot1 (Post 48870050)
You only paid $50 more per night. I'd say that was worth it:) Nice deal. What time of year are you going to WDW?

I'm going next month 8/19-8/27. Now I can't wait!!!!

luvpalmtrees 07-05-2013 09:16 PM

Yes I think it's worth it!!:thumbsup2 We will be there in 9 days and can't wait!! This will be our 5th stay at CBR!!

mickeynut1 07-05-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plove53 (Post 48867278)
I updated my Pop Century trip to Caribbean Beach for almost $400... Nine day trip… You think that was good?

Thanks,

I think you made a good choice. We've never stayed at any of the values, but we loved CBR :goodvibes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plove53 (Post 48868700)

I agree with the pp. I also think CBR is great for 2 adults :thumbsup2.

maryj11 07-05-2013 11:07 PM

I have stayed at POP but not CBR, but I would for sure stay at CBR instead of POP. I would choose a moderate resort over a value resort. The values just seem more crowded and noisy to me.We have stayed at POP,ASM, CSR, POR, WL,and POLY. The moderates in my opinion have been just as nice as the deluxes. The only difference are some deluxes have better transportation and better restaurants. Moderates have a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere than the values resorts. You made a good decision :thumbsup2

goteamSy 07-06-2013 12:04 AM

Wow, that's an amazing price! You should be thrilled! We've never stayed at the values, but in all honestly don't notice too much of a difference between CBR and a lot of the deluxes! You're going to love it!

Amy&Dan 07-06-2013 12:25 AM

Having stayed at both Pop and CBR, in my opinion you made a great choice and got a great deal! CBR is a beautiful, relaxing, fun resort. Having a larger room and bathroom, more pools, nicer landscaping, the lake with its beautiful beaches and hammocks, the views of Illuminations and a less hectic feel are all well worth that extra amount of money.

Nothing against Pop, we enjoy it very much but for us, moderate wins every time!

Linda T. 07-06-2013 08:28 AM

We are all adults and we love staying at CBR. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

LovesTimone 07-06-2013 08:54 AM

You completely made the right choice, and will appreciate they space while you are there. For just adults or family its a wonderful choice, and you got it at a really good price. :thumbsup2

We have stayed there a lot, with our DD's, just DH and I, my girlfriends have stayed there for food and wine, I took my mom there for her 70th birthday surprise trip. So I feel that you will enjoy it.

The resort is beautiful, great main pool, and some quite pools, also they have a really nice hot tub, in the mail pool area behind the slide. Also check out the island walk, it has some really nice stops to sit, and maybe have a cocktail, and great pictures for here as well.

The food court is good, lots of choice. also there is TS restaurant on site. We have not eaten there but your might want to check out the reviews here and over on allears.net, they will lots of pictures of the resort as well.

Enjoy your trip.pixiedust: