The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Adding a person when you check in? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3136307)

bell.of.the.ball 07-05-2013 07:52 AM

Adding a person when you check in?
 
When I booked my trip I did not plan in my son coming but now he is. He has a seasonal pass so does not need tickets. Can I add him on when I get there. Will there be an issue about getting him a parking pass for his car. I am flying down so I would not be using a parking pass for myself?

MinnieGirl33 07-05-2013 08:15 AM

As long as adding him doesn't push you over the room occupancy you should be absolutely fine.

Just know that if he becomes the 3rd adult in the room, you will be charged for him.

Why not just call & have him added before hand?

bell.of.the.ball 07-05-2013 08:29 AM

I spoke to my agent and she said he would need the same ticket we had and he will not need one.

Missytara 07-05-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bell.of.the.ball (Post 48864366)
When I booked my trip I did not plan in my son coming but now he is. He has a seasonal pass so does not need tickets. Can I add him on when I get there. Will there be an issue about getting him a parking pass for his car. I am flying down so I would not be using a parking pass for myself?

You can definitely add him when you arrive, as long as you do not go over the room occupancy.

You can add him for whatever nights he will be staying. If he is the third adult, you will be charged the extra adult charge depending on what resort level you are staying at.

It is definitely easier to add him when you arrive, since it sounds like you have a package and he doesn't need tickets, so you don't want to add him ahead of time, so he would have to be on the same package as you are.

And he can definitely have the parking pass, since he will be a guest at the resort.

Missytara 07-05-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 (Post 48864477)
As long as adding him doesn't push you over the room occupancy you should be absolutely fine.

Just know that if he becomes the 3rd adult in the room, you will be charged for him.

Why not just call & have him added before hand?

It sounds like she has a package, since she mentioned he already had a ticket. You have to read between the lines sometimes to gauge the entire situation.

If she added him now, he would have to be on the same package. Therefore, it is best to wait until she arrives.

SyracuseWolvrine 07-06-2013 12:55 PM

Keep in mind, if you are using a dining plan, unless you add him ahead of time (and that includes buying tickets), you will NOT get any DDP points for him to use.

VelvetGloves 07-06-2013 05:54 PM

When we've had people join after initial reservation, we have always just added them at check-in. However, last October, I decided to join my parents on their trip. Since they were flying from Pennsylvania, I was going to make the trip solo from South Carolina. As such, we also weren't 100% sure that I would go until it actually happened. (I was nervous about the drive.)

Anyway, when we checked in, it was at Port Orleans French Quarter. Because there was a convention, they had done a complimentary upgrade to for my parents to a King size room, even though they booked one with two beds. It took quite some time to get everything situated because of the room situation. They had no rooms available with two beds, so they moved us to Riverside. The whole affair took close to an hour. I can't fault Disney, as they didn't know I was coming, but it made our night even longer.

Regardless, we had fun. Just keep that in mind if you're staying at a resort that could be close to full.

VelvetGloves

MinnieGirl33 07-06-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bell.of.the.ball (Post 48864566)
I spoke to my agent and she said he would need the same ticket we had and he will not need one.

Gotcha!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.