The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Poly pool? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3136183)

wtrowbridge 07-04-2013 06:44 PM

Poly pool?

I am hearing rumors that the pool at the Poly may be closed the week we a there for refurbishment. We will be on property Sept. 7-15. I will be so bummed if this is true, as it was one of the reasons we chose this resort nearly a year ago, before we would have ever known! If they were to close the pool, would be given permission to go to another resort pool? Or should I look into changing resorts to CR or GF?

chocovrdmicears 07-04-2013 06:47 PM

I'm not sure of the exact dates (someone will be along shortly who knows for sure) - but I do know that if your resort pool is closed, you will most definitely be allowed to swim at another pool - they will let you know when you check in.

Marthasor 07-04-2013 06:58 PM

TA site lists Volcano Feature Pool closed from 9/9 - 9/20. I don't know if that just means the slide or the whole pool? Typically they let you swim in another pool if your resort pool is closed - in this case, it would most likely be the GF pool.

Poly does have a quiet pool, which apparently won't be closed. My DS actually prefers that one over the Volcano pool. But if the pool and slide are really important to you, I would probably consider switching resorts.

NewJersey04 07-04-2013 07:12 PM

if you can the Poly or disney they do not have the volcano pool listed for closure/re-ferb in Sept.

wtrowbridge 07-04-2013 08:48 PM

My travel agent just emailed and said the Poly pool is on the current list of refurbishments for Sept. :(

I am just really bummed as we truly looked forward to spending an entire day at the pool, over going to a Water Park. We didn't want to spend the extra money for a Water Park when our little ones would be happy enough with the Volcano Pool!

jenluvs2go2disney 07-04-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtrowbridge (Post 48862868)
My travel agent just emailed and said the Poly pool is on the current list of refurbishments for Sept. :(

I am just really bummed as we truly looked forward to spending an entire day at the pool, over going to a Water Park. We didn't want to spend the extra money for a Water Park when our little ones would be happy enough with the Volcano Pool!

I just posted in the poly construction thread. There is conflicting info. I have called the 407#, the poly and emailed disney. They all said that they have no information about the volcano pool being closed in September. The cast member at the Poly even said pool hours are listed for September for that pool. Hopefully, this is correct and it will be open in September. I am going to keep checking back with them. We really want to stay at the poly, but plan on spending time at the pool.

wtrowbridge 07-04-2013 09:54 PM

It is definitely weird. My travel agent has a list she gets directly from Disney which lists the volcano pool closed from 9/9 - 9/20. However, she said she just called and they have no record of it either. She is going to make a few more phone calls tomorrow to try to get a firm answer.

NHKristy76 07-05-2013 06:09 AM

The pool refurb is still listed, as of this morning, on the Disney Travel Agents website... Strange that info from CMs is conflicted.

NewJersey04 07-06-2013 06:50 AM

frustrated!! Why would a 3rd party (travel agent) get emails about a pool closing and official Disney and the actual hotel (Poly) says no closure in Sept. I'm keeping my Sept reservation!!!!!

NHKristy76 07-06-2013 07:08 AM

Just to clarify... I didn't get an email about it. When I log into Disney's website for travel agents and clicked on refurbs, the info about the Volcano pool appears.

I can't imagine why there is a discrepancy in what the resort says and the website. Very strange.

wtrowbridge 07-06-2013 02:19 PM

Does anyone know, if the pool were to close during our stay, would be given wristbands or permission to go to the pool at the GF instead?

karenklo 07-06-2013 03:05 PM

Tikiman has the pool being closed in Jan. You should check at his site!

wtrowbridge 07-06-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenklo (Post 48877701)
Tikiman has the pool being closed in Jan. You should check at his site!

I did but on Facebook he said he has not been updating his site due to his computer crashing or something

chocovrdmicears 07-06-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtrowbridge (Post 48877374)
Does anyone know, if the pool were to close during our stay, would be given wristbands or permission to go to the pool at the GF instead?

They will decide which pool they will allow you to visit. I would assume it would either be the GF pool or CR pool. You won't know until Disney decides.

Marthasor 07-06-2013 07:17 PM

Both the TA site and the WDTC International site are listing the pool as closed from 9/9 - 9/20. The international site states guests can use the Poly East Pool (quiet pool) at this time: http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/...=8506&Offset=0

Typically they also allow you to use another resort's pool, but I haven't seen any info on this.