The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nice restaurants w/o dress code? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134585)

tb1972 07-01-2013 11:38 AM

Nice restaurants w/o dress code?
 
I will be in the World for my birthday on Nov. 5th. DH and I dress up for work and like to be casual on vacation. Any ideas for a nice bday dinner at a restaurant w/o a dress code? We don't want to show up looking sloppy! It doesn't have to be a signature restaurant.

Thanks,
Tabatha

Iceman93 07-01-2013 11:56 AM

I think the only one with a dress code is Victoria & Albert's. Everywhere else, casual is fine. You might feel slightly underdressed at the California Grill in cut-offs and a tank top, but otherwise this is Disney and dressing up is not necessary.

My recommendation for a great meal that is upscale but not stuffy is Citrico's at the Grand Floridian. Another great spot is the upstairs Dining Room at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant in Downtown Disney.

crisi 07-01-2013 12:11 PM

The dress code at signature places is pretty much "don't be a slob." Shorts and tennis shoes are perfectly normal. Keep the baseball cap off, the shoulders covered on men, and the poolside flip flops/crocs and pool coverup at the pool and cut offs for gardening. Wear shorts and a t-shirt that didn't see its best day at a Peter Frampton concert, and you'll be fine. That you are asking implies you probably don't dress inappropriately and wouldn't be caught dead running to Target in those things.

(Other than Victoria and Alberts)

(I like to dress up a little and will usually pack a skirt and sandals, my husband will wear khakis and a golf shirt - that is also perfectly normal. He does not pack extra shoes since mens shoes are so heavy to pack.)

com_op_2000 07-01-2013 12:23 PM

Flying Fish on the Boardwalk and Cape May at BC are a couple of nice places to eat. No dress code at either.

dvcbrad 07-01-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by com_op_2000 (Post 48829824)
Flying Fish on the Boardwalk and Cape May at BC are a couple of nice places to eat. No dress code at either.

Dressier shorts and a nice golf shirt or Tommy Bahama style shirt for us guys is fairly typical at these two, as well as Fulton's, Portofino's, etc. over at DTD. Same at the Epcot places, and would think the same or even more casual at the other inside-the-park ones.

PS - for the ladies, I would suggest that a step or two up from cut-offs and a tank top would be more appropriate.

crisi 07-01-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvcbrad (Post 48831191)
Dressier shorts and a nice golf shirt or Tommy Bahama style shirt for us guys is fairly typical at these two, as well as Fulton's, Portofino's, etc. over at DTD. Same at the Epcot places, and would think the same or even more casual at the other inside-the-park ones.

PS - for the ladies, I would suggest that a step or two up from cut-offs and a tank top would be more appropriate.

At least one step up from cut offs and a tank top. But more than that from white tie :)

Cee 07-01-2013 03:02 PM

Ooo, yes, Flying Fish!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

aprescher 07-01-2013 03:09 PM

We loved loved loved captains grill!! It was so easy to get reservations at we ended up going 2 nights in a row! Such amazing food and service! We went straight from the park dressed very casual and had no problems.

tb1972 07-01-2013 04:28 PM

I tried to book CG but they aren't taking reservations yet. We haven't been there in many years and would love to go this Fall. If CG doesn't work out, we'll give FF a try. I just made that res as a back up plan. The menu looks great!

The kids won't be with us this trip so it will be a good opportunity to go some new places. They have their established favorites and some that have become family tradition.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

dvcbrad 07-01-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb1972 (Post 48832550)
I tried to book CG but they aren't taking reservations yet. We haven't been there in many years and would love to go this Fall. If CG doesn't work out, we'll give FF a try. I just made that res as a back up plan. The menu looks great!

The kids won't be with us this trip so it will be a good opportunity to go some new places. They have their established favorites and some that have become family tradition.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I would highly suggest keeping the FF reservation vs. CG! Others may feel differently, but I think FF is one of the best dining experiences in the entire WDW property!

dismedvc 07-01-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb1972 (Post 48829268)
I will be in the World for my birthday on Nov. 5th. DH and I dress up for work and like to be casual on vacation. Any ideas for a nice bday dinner at a restaurant w/o a dress code? We don't want to show up looking sloppy! It doesn't have to be a signature restaurant.

Thanks,
Tabatha

All the signature restaurants, (except V&A) have the following, or something very similar on their reservation page. The language below is from the California Grill page, although the CG is not currently taking reservations. Seems a lot more casual than business casual to me, given both men and women can wear "dress shorts".

"Dress Code
At this signature dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Women may wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.

Not permitted are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

CarolMN 07-01-2013 06:36 PM

Moved from DVC Boards

Dean 07-01-2013 09:10 PM

Signatures do have a dress code, basically resort casual (whatever that really is). They generally are pretty slack on it though. My suggestion would be Narcoossee's or CA grill (if it were open then).

Jestocost 07-02-2013 10:01 AM

Attire at signature restaurants in the parks generally is more casual than at the resort restaurants. In fact, many of the in-park signatures do not have any dress code as they expect guests to be in park attire.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.