The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help settle our debate please!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134196)

princessap 06-30-2013 03:26 PM

Help settle our debate please!!

My DH and I are debating where to stay our next trip and have narrowed it down to the following options....here is our family me, DH, DDs (2,5,7 at trip time), plus grandparents joining us for their first time to disney!!

AliceIn 06-30-2013 03:34 PM

I picked Contemporary Bay Lake View because:

1. The Contemporary is the most convenient resort to the MK, which is great for families with small children.

2. For the grandparents, everything at the Contemporary is under one roof. You don't have to worry about running from building to building to get drinks or snacks, this is particularly nice if it's raining outside.

3. I picked BLV over TPV because there are so many places to view the fireworks and park that are free that the extra cost of that room wouldn't be worth it to me.

4. I picked the BLV over the Garden room because of #2 above.

boundfordisney 06-30-2013 03:42 PM

picked the poly, but have never stayed at cr. Ohanas, the beach area, volcano pool, are just a few reasons I choose it. Overall theme is awesome, cr just doesnt give the same feel imo, poly is a relaxing resort, lots of lush foilage, tiki lights and the polyenesian music playing that sounds like Vacation to me!:thumbsup2

Deb & Bill 06-30-2013 04:01 PM

I'd pick the Wing building because it is easy to get to the main building and you can use the stairs if you don't want to wait on an elevator. The very short walkway is covered and you are close to the CR pools.

Plus you'll probably save money.

pieface 06-30-2013 04:06 PM

The poly is a beautiful resort the rooms are large and it is on the monorail. It's my favorite resort and its quiet.

princessap 06-30-2013 06:10 PM

Thanks. keep the answers coming!! We loved the poly this year but I am worried about the construction that is supposed to happen there next year :(

wdwjeffc37 07-01-2013 09:15 AM

I would go with Contemporary Magic Kindom view. The convenience of a short walk to and from the MK with youngsters and oldsters is worth a lot. Being able to take anytime breaks and go back to the resort is so easy. You can even split up easily with some going back to the resort and others staying at the MK because there is no transportation to navigate. Also, with young and older ones if they are tired you can be back in your room in the evening and catch the fireworks from there. JMHO:)

hgeisler 07-01-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdwjeffc37
I would go with Contemporary Magic Kindom view. The convenience of a short walk to and from the MK with youngsters and oldsters is worth a lot. Being able to take anytime breaks and go back to the resort is so easy. You can even split up easily with some going back to the resort and others staying at the MK because there is no transportation to navigate. Also, with young and older ones if they are tired you can be back in your room in the evening and catch the fireworks from there. JMHO:)

Me too!I'm in almost the same boat as you. We're going in October with dd 5, ds 3, and dd 22 months. We reserved a tpv at CR:)

bishop1989 07-01-2013 09:24 AM

I would go with CR Magic Kingdom view as first choice and Poly as second.
I have not stayed at PR but, have heard great things about it. We did stay at CR with MK view and it was spectacular. Looking out the window and seeing the MK or sitting on balcony getting ready to go over was awesome.

princessap 07-05-2013 08:42 AM

Thanks for the opinions everyone. Am really torn still. Debating split stay actually.

Keep opinions coming!

HBGdancermom 07-05-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessap (Post 48865140)
Thanks for the opinions everyone. Am really torn still. Debating split stay actually.

Keep opinions coming!

I would pick the CR tpv.... With the ages of your kiddos I think it would be great to be able to come and go from MK by foot with a stroller. Also if kids are tired you can watch fireworks from your room.
Of course, that being said, there is no bad choice. :-)

princessap 07-05-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgeisler (Post 48828203)
Me too!I'm in almost the same boat as you. We're going in October with dd 5, ds 3, and dd 22 months. We reserved a tpv at CR:)

Do you do trip reports? Would love to know what you thought of it after your stay?

princessap 07-05-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBGdancermom (Post 48865176)
I would pick the CR tpv.... With the ages of your kiddos I think it would be great to be able to come and go from MK by foot with a stroller. Also if kids are tired you can watch fireworks from your room.
Of course, that being said, there is no bad choice. :-)

Thanks. I know they would love the view from the room just wondering if they will like the resort as much as the poly.

wiigirl 07-05-2013 09:13 AM

Poly...but I always would pick Poly. :P

princessap 07-05-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiigirl (Post 48865468)
Poly...but I always would pick Poly. :P

Lol. I feel like that after one stay at the poly! :)

That's why I am having a hard time picking another resort!