The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Garden Grill or Beirgarten in Epcot? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134169)

ssatterly 06-30-2013 02:51 PM

Garden Grill or Beirgarten in Epcot?

Which is better and why?

myzel 06-30-2013 03:07 PM

IMO, you really can't compare them. They are both very good and are a different experience. I have enjoyed both but would not go back to GG. Just my opinion.

Dalamara 06-30-2013 03:08 PM

I've never been to Garden Grill, but my family and I love Biergarten... Even the 4 year old lol... The food has always been fresh and tasty, with a good selection even for picky eaters. We've also always had great service there. They have fun entertainment while you eat, and it's nice to get out of the blaring heat and sit in this neat recreation of a small German village. We love it!

knkmom 06-30-2013 03:17 PM

We loved Beirgarten! The entire experience there was fun!

bartleby1 06-30-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssatterly (Post 48822013)
Which is better and why?

We've been to both and while we loved biergarten every time we've eaten there, garden grill got mixed reviews from everyone in our group. One of the main issues at garden grill was that condensation from the air conditioner on the ceiling kept dripping on us and in our food which turned us off. I've never heard anyone else mention this problem, but it definitely was happening to us. The food was decent, but I wouldn't rave about it. Although, I do remember loving the dessert which I believe was some kind of blueberry cobbler type thing. I don't know if they still serve the same food because we ate there quite a few years ago. Characters were great there though. Lots of interaction.

Biergarten is wonderful. The band is fun and kids love to dance to it. The buffet has a great variety of food. All around, a fun time. We are not on the dining plan but are still making a point to go back this trip. Always leave full and happy.

disneyhorselover 06-30-2013 03:33 PM

Never been to Beirgarten, but I loved Garden Grill. The food was delicious, and the character interaction can't be beat!

disney_girl125 06-30-2013 06:34 PM

We didn't like garden grill very much the last time we went. I probably won't go back there. I just don't like the food that they serve. The only thing I do like about it is that's it's served family style at your table so you don't have to keep going back up to a buffet.
Beirgartens food is really good. I'm not that comfortable eating with strangers though. That's the only thing I really don't like about it.

ses1230 06-30-2013 07:00 PM

Biergarten is a must-do for us every trip! The food is very good and the band is a lot of fun.

jennibug 06-30-2013 07:21 PM

I would choose GG. Love the food and the slowly turning restaurant. The food is very fresh and yummy. However, we did enjoy Biergarten also last year. I don't think you can really compare the food because they are so different.

We were on the dining plan and I wouldn't pay for either if we weren't on the plan.

dutchdisneyfamily 06-30-2013 07:24 PM

We haven't been to Garden Grill. However, Biergarten was a huge hit with my family. Pros to Biergarten are the food and theming, but I admit one of the pros to GG is that there are characters. Good luck in your decision!

Pakey 06-30-2013 07:30 PM

Biergarten has better food IMO and a wider appeal as far as atmosphere.

PetuniaAnn 06-30-2013 07:44 PM

Biergarten has great food, and more variety then GG. I love the character interaction at GG, but I like the German food better

ashley23 06-30-2013 08:44 PM

Biergarten! Beer, shots, wine flights... did I mention the beer. The food is good which is a bonus. How else are you supposed to get through the Norway movie if you haven't put down 5, 6, or 7 beers?

kingdom keepers 06-30-2013 08:49 PM

I favor Biergarten more then Garden Grill. The service at Garden Grill was slow. It was almost like they did not want us to order more then the first plate. The food and experience at Biergarten was much better than Garden Grill. The only thing that was great at Garden Grill was the dinner rolls, the butter, sweet potato fries and the salad. At Garden Grill the turkey was dry, fish was bland and mushy, The chicken legs were fatty, the stuffing was Stouffers. Biergarten has a lot of selection and most of it seemed homemade. I also loved the show.

honeybunches 06-30-2013 09:05 PM

Biergarten would be my choice. I like the food at GG just fine but Biergarten is just more fun. The one thing I didn't like was sharing a table with another family, that was a little awkward.