The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   wow. declined offer on AKV, what now? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3133363)

eltz1 06-28-2013 03:47 PM

wow. declined offer on AKV, what now?
 
so the listing was for 71 dollars a point for 250 points. I offered 65 dollars a point and for the seller to pay closing costs. It seems crazy that the asking price is 71 when ROFR's are going through at the low 60's.

Now what? Do you keep offering or go to another listing and hope for better response?

tjkraz 06-28-2013 03:52 PM

You can make another offer but the seller is under no obligation to accept. Seller may have a mortgage or other loan and is not prepared to have to pay any dollars at closing.

If the asking price is simply too high, the seller will find that out in time when no buyers materialize. But that will happen on their timetable. They can stand firm on the asking price for as long as they wish.

From their perspective, all it takes is one impatient buyer to get what they are asking. When DVC wants $145 per point, there's still a lot to be saved paying $71.

nalajms 06-28-2013 03:55 PM

Keep offering the price you're comfortable with until you find a a seller willing to take the price.

I've been watching the resale market for a couple of months and I'm still waiting for prices to come down!

Also, the prices listed on this site are probably the lower 10-15% of sales going through. Good luck!

Splashboat 06-28-2013 04:12 PM

Were there any banked points?

NoleFan 06-28-2013 04:52 PM

Although the ROFR thread is a great resource, keep in mind it is a snap shot of a portion of the DVC resale population. Also, those that post there, typically contracted at least 30 days ago (typically takes around 14-30 day to find out about ROFR decision) & prices have been on the rise even in that short period of time. Find a contract that is right for you @ a price that is right for you. Good luck in your search!

dbs1228 06-28-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan (Post 48806888)
Although the ROFR thread is a great resource, keep in mind it is a snap shot of a portion of the DVC resale population. Also, those that post there, typically contracted at least 30 days ago (typically takes around 14-30 day to find out about ROFR decision) & prices have been on the rise even in that short period of time. Find a contract that is right for you @ a price that is right for you. Good luck in your search!

Agree with this! Resale prices have been on the rise - there were many BWV contracts in the mid 50 -60's back in Jan thru March now you would be hard pressed to see any under the high 70's! This goes for all resorts. We sold SSR for 63.00 (listed for 66.00) similar contracts today are listing for 70.00 and selling high 60's.

Offer what you are comfortable with but keep in mind it is a sellers market right now. ROFR'd is very inaccurate as to the full picture most people posting on there feel they got a decent price. I have talked to many brokers over the past 4 months and prices are selling for higher on average then what is reported on those boards.

JimMIA 06-28-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbs1228 (Post 48807799)
Offer what you are comfortable with but keep in mind it is a sellers market right now.

Also keep in mind that this too, will change.

sara mom 06-28-2013 06:47 PM

[QUOTE=nalajms;48806314]Keep offering the price you're comfortable with until you find a a seller willing to take the price.

[/QUOTE

YES!:)

It's their 'property' and they can accept/not accept any offer that comes in.

Only you know what is the best for you.

drusba 06-28-2013 06:49 PM

If you made an offer that was rejected and the seller gave no counteroffer, you must move on and go find another because that means the seller is not moving and for you to go back again with a higher offer would just result in your continuously bidding against yourself.

dbs1228 06-28-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMIA (Post 48807823)
Also keep in mind that this too, will change.

I totally agree with that also - I believe once the market is replenished (supply and demand) prices will stabilize and then start to decrease to some degree - how much and how quickly is any ones guess!

JimMIA 06-28-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbs1228 (Post 48807799)
ROFR'd is very inaccurate as to the full picture most people posting on there feel they got a decent price. I have talked to many brokers over the past 4 months and prices are selling for higher on average then what is reported on those boards.

I agree with this, as well as NoleFan's comments. The ROFR thread is a good indicator of the lower end of the market, and sometimes a good indicator of what will pass and what will not. But it is not representative of the overall market.

But as I said above -- this too will change. I think the current sellers market is an anomaly resulting from DVC's sudden return to ROFR and doing waitlists at "classic" resorts. They'll get over it, and so will the market.

JustTinking 06-28-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMIA (Post 48807897)

But as I said above -- this too will change. I think the current sellers market is an anomaly resulting from DVC's sudden return to ROFR and doing waitlists at "classic" resorts. They'll get over it, and so will the market.

I just saw an AKL property, 150 pts, posted with the use year I needed. Priced at $76. Called the broker - it already sold at full price! Had only been posted for 1/2 hour. Talk about a seller's market. This is madness! Broker seems to think it's being driven by more folks getting into resale market because of Disney's outrageous prices.

I think I'll sit on the sidelines until normality is restored.

goneviral 06-28-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMIA (Post 48807897)
But as I said above -- this too will change. I think the current sellers market is an anomaly resulting from DVC's sudden return to ROFR and doing waitlists at "classic" resorts. They'll get over it, and so will the market.

Anecdotally, I am noticing that several types of contracts that were being snapped up 4-6 weeks ago are not selling particularly fast now.

Deb & Bill 06-28-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustTinking (Post 48808433)
I just saw an AKL property, 150 pts, posted with the use year I needed. Priced at $76. Called the broker - it already sold at full price! Had only been posted for 1/2 hour. Talk about a seller's market. This is madness! Broker seems to think it's being driven by more folks getting into resale market because of Disney's outrageous prices.

I think I'll sit on the sidelines until normality is restored.

You have to remember that some of these are owners that still owe on the contract and they have to pay the realtor's fees. If they are selling because they can't afford it any more, they can't afford less than their asking price. So they plan on renting out the points (since that seems so easy now) until they can get it sold or afford it again.

I guess you need to blame Daddio and the other brokers. ;)

JustTinking 06-28-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 48808808)
You have to remember that some of these are owners that still owe on the contract and they have to pay the realtor's fees. If they are selling because they can't afford it any more, they can't afford less than their asking price. So they plan on renting out the points (since that seems so easy now) until they can get it sold or afford it again.

I guess you need to blame Daddio and the other brokers. ;)

And if those owners can get asking price, then good for them! More power to them! I may be a seller someday and do the same in a seller's market. But that doesn't mean as a buyer that I need to be swept up in at all. Recognize it's a seller's market and sit it out. I am patient and don't need to purchase soon. As Jim said, the bubble will burst at some point.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.