The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ROOM ONLY: Final payment due on arrival? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132971)

mommycrawford 06-27-2013 06:28 PM

ROOM ONLY: Final payment due on arrival?

Sorry. Have never had room only ressies, and thought I had read here that final payment is due 5 days prior to arrival, but email confirmation says that it is due on arrival.

Does anyone know which one is accurate?

TIA!:hug:

Jestocost 06-27-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommycrawford (Post 48798934)
Sorry. Have never had room only ressies, and thought I had read here that final payment is due 5 days prior to arrival, but email confirmation says that it is due on arrival.

Cancellations only can be made without penalty up until five days before. Payment is due upon arrival.

critta 06-27-2013 06:31 PM

From my past experiences room only reservation payment is due upon arrival. I believe you have until 5 days before your reservations start to cancel a room only booking.

mickeynut1 06-27-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommycrawford (Post 48798934)

As the pp's have said, cancellations must be made at least 5 days prior to arrival to avoid a penalty, but the balance is due upon check in. You can choose to pay in full before you arrive, but it's not necessary.

teentoddlermom 06-28-2013 08:38 AM

Yes and it is wrong.

Every other hotel I've ever stayed in takes one night deposit and charges upon check out. I hate that Disney demands the entire balance at check in. Very agressive.
:(

DisneyFreak06 06-28-2013 02:06 PM

I think there might be differences between booking on line and booking over the phone too. Be careful.

Here is the link to what Mousesavers has to say about it...

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disn...ts-codes/#wdtc

TagsMissy 06-28-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teentoddlermom (Post 48802842)
Every other hotel I've ever stayed in takes one night deposit and charges upon check out. I hate that Disney demands the entire balance at check in. Very agressive.

What's aggressive??

Lintasare 06-28-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Aggressive? How? It really don't matter if you have to pay by check in or check out. You are going to pay for the room no matter what.

Good Morning Dewdrop 06-28-2013 08:47 PM

the PP are all correct - we've paid the balance upon arrival many times!

aaarcher86 06-28-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

I've never stayed somewhere that allows me to pay at the end of a stay. Seems like a risk to me.

I have no idea what's aggressive about paying at check in lol

bigbabyblues 06-28-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

I've never heard of a hotel that you didn't pay until check out. I can only imagine the number of people who would "forget" to stop by the desk on the way out.

Tink51196 06-28-2013 11:16 PM

We just stayed at POFQ Jun 7-14, with room only discount. You are given a bill at the end of your stay. I made my reservation over the phone, but it was accessible online.

Before our stay, several times I went on the Disney Reservations Landing site and selected the "chat" option to ask questions. One of them about final payment, how many days I could cancel prior to arrival, etc. I remember asking that if for some reason we had to depart early and not stay our last day could that be refunded.

I was told that room-only reservations are much easier to work with than package reservations in regards to adjusting your room bill.

Try the chat feature, I found it was great to talk with someone without calling over the phone and waiting on hold. It was easy to end the conversation when I was done too.

maxiesmom 06-29-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbabyblues (Post 48809319)
I've never heard of a hotel that you didn't pay until check out. I can only imagine the number of people who would "forget" to stop by the desk on the way out.

Me either.:confused3

crashbb 06-29-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbabyblues (Post 48809319)

Really? It is pretty much standard practice when I stay in hotels (Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, Hampton, etc.) unless I've booked a special pre-pay rate.

You cannot "forgot" to stop by the desk - you don't have to stop by the desk. They swipe your credit card at check in, but don't charge it until you leave.

Generally, I check the invoice (often under my door the last morning, though the Sheraton tends to email it to me) and, if all is well, leave the key in the room and never hit the front desk. My credit card is charged that day.

MinnieGirl33 06-29-2013 06:26 AM

Room-only balance is not due until check-in HOWEVER, if you utilize on-line check in & proved a cc number, they will charge your balance to that card prior to your physical arrival when they process your info.

So, if you want to pay in cash, do yourself a favor & wait to add a cc to your portfolio once you arrive.