The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can you add a discount after booking? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132896)

ruthies12 06-27-2013 03:23 PM

Can you add a discount after booking?
 
So I am planning a trip for the last week of January 2014. Since this is usually a discounted time to go I want to wait to book until I can get a discount.

However, I really want to have dinner at Be Our Guest and from what I am seeing you have to have the 180 +10 to get a reservation there. Unless somebody knows something different?

so now I'm thinking I need to book at least my room so I can have the +10 to make the dining reservation but if a discount comes out later will I still be able to get it?

mickeynut1 06-27-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthies12 (Post 48797532)
So I am planning a trip for the last week of January 2014. Since this is usually a discounted time to go I want to wait to book until I can get a discount.

However, I really want to have dinner at Be Our Guest and from what I am seeing you have to have the 180 +10 to get a reservation there. Unless somebody knows something different?

so now I'm thinking I need to book at least my room so I can have the +10 to make the dining reservation but if a discount comes out later will I still be able to get it?

Yes, you can have a discount applied to an existing reservation as long as the resort/room type you want/have booked is available under that discount. Sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort/room type as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied.

ruthies12 06-27-2013 03:48 PM

Thank you for the info- do you know if free dining can be applied if that ends up being offered?

FiggieFan 06-27-2013 04:21 PM

Yes, I did it last year, but they offered a package discount (play, stay, dine discount) instead of free dining. We have been going in Jan/Feb. For 2011 and 2012, they had free dining offers. Last year they offered the play, stay and dine which was not as good, but close enough. I had booked in end of July/early August and made my ADRs at 180+10. The discounts for Jan/Feb came out later last year - early to mid-October. I made a call and they applied the coupon code and gave me my new total. It took about 10 minutes and was very easy.

Dizzytime 06-27-2013 06:35 PM

Since we have the TIW card, and aren't usually waiting for dinning discounts, we always book room only first...as soon as we know we're going. That's been more than a year in advance more than once, but every time we've been able to apply a discount later, either AAA, AP, room only, or...? every time.

Good luck, ruthies12! I hope it works for you, too!

:goodvibes

mickeynut1 06-27-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthies12 (Post 48797764)
Thank you for the info- do you know if free dining can be applied if that ends up being offered?

As the pp said, yes you can have FD applied if it's offered, as long as the resort you want is available under FD. But, keep in mind that if you book room only now and want to change to a package later, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit. Room only and packages are different reservation systems, so money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

ruthies12 06-27-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1 (Post 48799455)
As the pp said, yes you can have FD applied if it's offered, as long as the resort you want is available under FD. But, keep in mind that if you book room only now and want to change to a package later, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit. Room only and packages are different reservation systems, so money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

Good to know. If I do a room only for now and then upgrade to a package and have to do the cancelling and so forth is there a fee involved?

mickeynut1 06-27-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthies12 (Post 48800618)
Good to know. If I do a room only for now and then upgrade to a package and have to do the cancelling and so forth is there a fee involved?

No fee will be charged as long as the room only is cancelled at least 5 days prior to arrival :). Packages have different cancellation policies as those have to be cancelled at least 45 days prior to arrival to avoid a penalty of $200.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.