The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   SAB Lazy River (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132890)

Sappermont 06-27-2013 03:10 PM

SAB Lazy River

Hi Everyone!

Super stoked about upcoming fall trip to the YC! It will be our first time staying here. I've looked at the pictures of SAB and they all look cool. I can't get a sense of the lazy river. I've just read that the water is 8ft deep but how long is it? When I think of lazy river I think of the one at Typhoon. Clearly the lazy river at SAB can't be that long - but is it long enough to just ride around for a while?

Thanks!!!!

Happy planning, everyone!

Pakey 06-27-2013 03:14 PM

Not really.

Sue M 06-27-2013 03:21 PM

It is a loop, not terribly long, nothing like the water parks, but nice and relaxing, and I can spend a fair amount if time floating along on my pool noodle. Then go explore other parts of SAB, then come back to lazy river :goodvibes

Sappermont 06-27-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 48797443)
Not really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 48797517)
It is a loop, not terribly long, nothing like the water parks, but nice and relaxing, and I can spend a fair amount if time floating along on my pool noodle. Then go explore other parts of SAB, then come back to lazy river :goodvibes

Thank you Pakey & Sue M.

Can't wait to be there!!!!!!:cool1:

momto3gr8boys 06-27-2013 04:01 PM

Just be aware that it moves swiftly in certain parts. The strength of the current and the depth of the water make it very different than a typical lazy river. Just something to watch for if you have members of your party who are not strong swimmers.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sappermont 06-27-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys (Post 48797864)
Just be aware that it moves swiftly in certain parts. The strength of the current and the depth of the water make it very different than a typical lazy river. Just something to watch for if you have members of your party who are not strong swimmers.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Good to know. Thank you!!!

Deb & Bill 06-27-2013 08:39 PM

It is fast, deep and short in length. Nothing like the lazy rivers at BB and TL.

Sue M 06-27-2013 08:52 PM

I wonder if they vary the current speed, I don't particularly remember that it was fast. My friend isn't a strong swimmer, and she wasn't uncomfortable with using a noodle.
We were there at night, I had gotten out for a little, then went back in using the stairs, but there were only 4 stairs, then nothing :laughing: wasn't expecting the plunge, lol! It was dark out in my defence ;)

AJKMOM 06-27-2013 10:30 PM

I remember not paying attention and stepping into it at what we found out was the 8-feet-deep part. It moved us pretty quickly, especially since we went in over our heads. Luckily we are good swimmers, so we just laughed, but it was quick.