The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports and Plans (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   NOBODY IS MORE SURPRISED THAN US! GKTW alumni return! 10/21 MOVING DAY!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132753)

blessedmom4 06-27-2013 11:56 AM

NOBODY IS MORE SURPRISED THAN US! GKTW alumni return! 10/21 MOVING DAY!!

We are going back to Florida!!! And we are quite excited, it will be our third time in as many years and we couldn't be more grateful.

Pete is my DH, Christian and David are my handsome sons and Rachel and Lisa are my pretty princesses. For those who don't know, I'm Judy. :wave2:

blessedmom4 06-27-2013 11:57 AM

So how did this happen?

This past Sunday afternoon (5:27 pm to be exact) we had to cancel plans that were very important to us, Lisa was sick. Pete and the guys were outside cutting the grass and the girls and I were inside. Rachel was trying to cheer Lisa up and I decided to see if my computer would work and let me check emails....it did! :yay: I had an important email from Pete's brother:

I have a week (timeshare) that expires in September. If you can use it take it.You can log in and book it.
I offered it to some friends from work also, but I told them first come, first served! SO HURRY!
Hope you can use it!

WHAT!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! Although I had fantasized about a trip back to Florida! (The resort is wonderful). My first thought was panic, why didn't you tell us first, has someone already snagged it!?!?!?! :scared1::scared1: I ran out and got a hot, tired hubby and Pete called his brother immediately, then Pete and I sat down and booked the place he let us stay LAST year! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I am sorry Pete's borther can't go this year...but thrilled he is allowing us to use it again! :banana::banana::banana:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:

We are going to Kissimmee September 21 to 28!!! :yay::dance3::yay: I am waiting to hear back from GKTW as to when we can volunteer. I can hardly believe it, talk about God sending what you need when you really need it! :goodvibes EVERYBODY felt an elevation in mood. Even Lisa perked up! We have asked my parents to go with us; however, I don't think they will (My Dad has cancer and has had some difficult days of late). Actually, if you haven't followed any of our stories the past three years we all have health challenges...but we don't let that keep us down!

It doesn't matter if you are new to our reports or are faithful friends, ALL are welcome here. I have one request, if you don't like what you read, no hard feelings, there are lots of reports on the DIS and everybody has their own style. My PTR may not be for you and that is okay. We have a tendency to share a bit of our lives with each other, to ask for prayer and support, to rejoice when something good happens. We are very welcoming to new friends and believe me, that is how I view you, even if we haven't yet met IRL. So jump in and help me, we leave in 86 days!!!!

Piper 06-27-2013 12:11 PM

I am here and very excited at your opportunity! The place where you stayed last year seemed so nice. Have fun planning!

mickeystoontown 06-27-2013 12:31 PM

Wooooo! Hoooooo! I am beyond excited that you're going back to Florida!

KatMark 06-27-2013 12:35 PM

So excited for you Judy that you and the family are going back to Florida and going back to GKTW.

McDuck 06-27-2013 12:48 PM

Aaaaaaa, Judy!!!! So excited for you guys!!! What a blessing!!!!

marvali 06-27-2013 12:59 PM

:woohoo: Joining in and I made page 1!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Thanks for the invite! :hug:

So great that you guys are getting a return trip, and of course sacrificing of yourselves while you are there volunteering at GKTW!!! I would expect nothing less from such big GIVERS!!!! :goodvibes

homeschoolmomof4 06-27-2013 01:27 PM

Yay!!! That was so nice of Pete's brother! What a blessing! I am so happy for your family and am thrilled that I get to follow you along in life's newest adventure. :goodvibes

angel's momma 06-27-2013 01:54 PM

So happy for you :goodvibes

Moira222 06-27-2013 02:22 PM

WOW! Judy that is awesome! Your family must be excited beyond description:banana::banana:

thanks for the heads up.

reelmom 06-27-2013 02:27 PM

Fantastic news. I hope Lisa is feeling better today.

pattiken 06-27-2013 03:07 PM

That's fantastic news Judy! Can't wait to hear more about it ;)

RooRach0906 06-27-2013 03:12 PM

Yay for another trip to Fl. Hope Lisa ia feeling better.

In full potty training mode here hoping and praying Annabelle will get it.

Always praying!!!

jedijill 06-27-2013 04:13 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Congrats!!!! What a wonderful blessing just as you needed it.

Jill in CO

nannye 06-27-2013 04:17 PM

Yippee!!
Hopefully you are able to get in a park!