The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sofia the first meet and greets (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132675)

DisDynasty 06-27-2013 09:21 AM

Sofia the first meet and greets

Has anyone heard any recent news or new rumors regarding any meet an greets with Sofia in the Disney world parks? I know there was some speculation a few months ago about her coming to Hollywood studios by late summer but I haven't heard much since, did that rumor die down? Is there still any chance she's coming to the parks?

I know she's made a few appearances to events so I'm hopeful! I have a DD that just loves Sofia! Wishful thinking ...

Disneytwinsmom 06-27-2013 09:29 AM

I am hoping as well! It was rumored that she would replace the Little Einstien character at Hollywood & Vine character dining experience. I went ahead and made a reservation for us to have breakfast there. My daughter loves Sophia and my son ( twins) loves Jake who is there also, so they would both be thrilled!

DisDynasty 06-27-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneytwinsmom (Post 48793429)
I am hoping as well! It was rumored that she would replace the Little Einstien character at Hollywood & Vine character dining experience. I went ahead and made a reservation for us to have breakfast there. My daughter loves Sophia and my son ( twins) loves Jake who is there also, so they would both be thrilled!

Someone else also made a thread about this today, I guess there is solid word that she will be coming for meet an greets in the animation courtyard at HS starting July 18th :) hopefully this is true! It's said the Kenny the pirate blogged about it also so I believe this may be some solid info! Fingers crossed!

RasberriPie13 06-27-2013 12:06 PM

I asked this ? on the Disney Mom's Panel and they said she is very popular and that something would be said soon about a Meet & Greet and that most likely she will be at HS. I am hoping also!!! I also hear that Doc McStuffins is also coming.

DianaPrince 06-29-2013 03:03 PM

Awesome! Hope it happens and possibly go to play n dine at DHS!

Sophiathefirst 07-01-2013 07:18 PM

That would be awesome! My daughter and I love this show!!!

thegib95 07-02-2013 02:49 PM

Sofia the First Has Arrived at Disney Parks

Quote:

Since debuting on Disney Junior earlier this year, “Sofia the First” has become the #1 cable TV series among kids ages 2-5. Now Sofia, Disney’s first little girl princess, has finally arrived at Disney Parks.

Sofia is currently appearing daily at Disney California Adventure park, meeting new friends in Hollywood Land near “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” which was recently updated to feature “Sofia the First” and “Doc McStuffins.”
Starting later this summer, Sofia will also be making appearances outside the new “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. There, you’ll find a beautiful immersive backdrop inspired by the storybook world of Enchancia, where you can meet and snap photos with the lovely Sofia.
http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.co...01245SMALL.jpg

Echo7Solo 07-04-2013 09:30 PM

wow, my girls will love this in October

MarkC71 07-05-2013 10:30 AM

So is she in Walt Disney World? We are going to be in WDW starting July 19, will Sofia be there by then?

Kellitinkerbelli 07-07-2013 08:12 AM

We are going in September and my five year old niece is most excited about meeting Sofia. I wish they had her when I was a little girl.

Paigesmom2013 07-11-2013 12:17 AM

Kenny the Pirate on his website says Doc is going to appear at D23 in California in August, so that might mean she's coming to WDW in the fall??
My daughter uses her toy stethoscope and sings the theme song from the show. So cute!:)

DisDancerina 07-11-2013 01:31 AM

Glad to hear that Sofia is going to have a meet and greet! She's so cute! And the show has some great values that are instilled in it.

DisDynasty 07-11-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC71 (Post 48865616)
So is she in Walt Disney World? We are going to be in WDW starting July 19, will Sofia be there by then?

She's due to start in DW on July 18th :)

DisDynasty 07-11-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paigesmom2013 (Post 48926136)
Kenny the Pirate on his website says Doc is going to appear at D23 in California in August, so that might mean she's coming to WDW in the fall??
My daughter uses her toy stethoscope and sings the theme song from the show. So cute!:)

Oh wow! I hadn't heard this yet! We are going in September also, I hope she's there by then, the kids would love it. Sofia started in DL a few weeks before she's due to start in DW, around 3 weeks or so, she's due to start in DW July 18th (give or take). So my guess would be if Doc is starting in DL in August then 3/4 weeks after that she will hopefully be in DW :)