The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Beach or Yacht Club? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132450)

DisMama3 06-26-2013 06:50 PM

Beach or Yacht Club?

Which is better to stay at and why? Thanks!

Mousemommy1 06-26-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisMama3 (Post 48789252)
Which is better to stay at and why? Thanks!

They are essentially two sides of the same resort and share all of the same amenities.

Not all rooms at BC have full balconies so if that's important to you, go with YC.

For us, it came down to decor...we liked YC's decor better so we chose it. It was great! :goodvibes

Pakey 06-26-2013 07:26 PM

As PP said, the balconies are a huge factor.

BC has the marketplace and counter service fare right off the lobby. YC does not. BC has a character meal right off the lobby, YC does not. It makes the lobby more congested/noisy than YC.

Although I much prefer the BC decor, marketplace, etc, the balconies are a deal breaker. Close to half the resort has standing only balconies. After 2 stays at BC without a balcony, I went back to YC.

I also like the CL lounge better at YC.

Babsy 06-26-2013 07:59 PM

BC is closer to Epcot

I like the proximity of the BC to EPcot. If you want to feel like you are staying in Epcot get a room facing the trees near Epcot. There is a staircase leading to an exit that is literally just over the bridge from the international gateway.

Also, the market for getting food is on the BC side as well as Beaches and Cream and it is nearest to the Boardwalk and all the activities ver there.

Finally, the atmosphere is much more casual at the BC, in our opinion. We just LOVE the Beach Club.

We did stay at the YC last January and it was very nice as well. It felt slightly more formal to us. We moved part way through our stay to be at the BC again.

The staff is amazing at both. We do like the balconies better at the YC, but don't find that we spend a lot of time there and feel that the advantages of the BC are more important to us.

bowbat 06-26-2013 09:40 PM

YC rooms have full balconies, only about 50% of BC rooms do.

YC lobby is nautical, more understated, kind of makes me think of a library. BC lobby is breezy, beachy, casual.

YC is closer to the boat dock, Swan/Dolphin, and DHS. BC is closer to Epcot and BWI.

YC has the convention center so there are more business people around. BC is pretty much all families.

Their shared Kids Club is located in the BC.

To me, though, the biggest difference is the activity/energy level. YC is MUCH quieter and more subdued. BC is VERY hectic and lively. We had read that and decided to stay at YC as a result (we like a more relaxing feel to our resort stays) and were very happy with our decision. If your family likes a more high-energy resort, definitely go BC.

Dixiemom 06-26-2013 10:22 PM

Planning on booking YC for summer 2015. From the photos I much prefer the room décor. We did the character breakfast at Cape May several years ago and loved the look of BC when we were there for that. SAB is a big part of my decision to book, as are the tennis courts (my son is on the tennis team at school). Planning on booking a garden view (hoping to be able to be able to switch it to a lagoon view later). Of course I won't be able to book anything until Dec. 2013 or Jan. 2014 so I have time to decide for sure.

Someone recently posted that there is no convenient place to fill your mugs so that does concern me a bit, but I'm not making that a deal breaker.

buzz1fan 06-26-2013 11:47 PM

We just got back from a short stay at the YC. We liked being closer to kiddie sand pool and the boat dock and we walked to BW easily. We did not like having to walk to BC for a refill mug or a quick snack in the evening. Next time if we have a choice I would stay at BC, but if rooms were booked for a promo there(like this past trip) I would for sure stay at YC again. We ate at both resorts for TS. It would be nice if there was a QS at YC.

DisMama3 06-27-2013 12:05 AM

Thank you all so much, looks like I have to weigh the pros and cons!

catho72 06-27-2013 12:06 AM

Having never stayed at YC, I prefer BC. I like the hustle and bustle of the BC lobby, the closer proximity to Epcot and the Solarium is a wonderful place to eat a meal bought at the Marketplace. The color scheme is more casual at BC...and with three kids we prefer casual.

Having a full balcony is not a deal breaker for us. I'd rather have a daybed over a full balcony. If I could get a guaranteed daybed at YC, then I would be a bigger YC fan.

Plus, BC has the world's best greeter...Teena!

goofy4prez 06-27-2013 08:11 AM

IMHO, I would not let proximity to Epcot be the deciding factor between the YC and BC. This is not a slight in anyway to those who posted about the BC being closer to Epcot, but for me, a mere 150 yards and an extra 2 minutes of walking in the grand scheme of the whole day is not going to be a deciding factor for me. ;)

mickeynut1 06-27-2013 08:21 AM

We have only stayed at the BC, but have visited the YC many times. Both are beautiful resorts with great themes, although the BC seems a little more chaotic due to Cape May being located right inside the lobby. They are both great as they are within walking distance to Epcot and DHS and they share SAB. As other pp's have posted, if a balcony is important to you, I would go with the YC as not all rooms at the BC have a full balcony; otherwise, I would choose by which theme you like the most. Good luck.

OKW Lover 06-27-2013 08:21 AM

The two resorts are so similar that there isn't any real reason to like one over the other except for personal preference. Some folks like the decor better at one over the other. Some folks like to be nearer Epcot while others prefer to be nearer the dock.