The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   If we have grown-up dinner for 2, how do we use up the kids' last meal credits? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132023)

Bonacker 06-25-2013 09:54 PM

If we have grown-up dinner for 2, how do we use up the kids' last meal credits?

Hi All,

I'm working out our meal-plan credits. . . . and am a bit stumped. Any advice most appreciated!

We're a family of four, staying at AKL Jambo Villas in January.

We are thinking of a romantic dinner-for-two at Jiko the last night of our trip -- with our kids going to Simba's Cubhouse for the evening, which includes a kids' dinner -- but that would leave both of our kids with 2 extra kids-meal credits.

Would they allow us to use the kids' credits the morning of that day? Like, order room service for the kids' breakfasts (2 crazy credits!) or just get something from the Mara for them for breakfast?

In other words: Are kids allowed to, like, credits-wise, "dine alone"? If you see what I mean?

LOL! Is this question too convoluted??

thanks very much,
B in Nova Scotia

sharonabe 06-25-2013 10:06 PM

You could use their credits to get QS meals for them. OR you could do a couple of the cheaper TS meals and pay OOP for the adults (The Plaza at MK, Sci-Fi at HS, Liberty Tree Tavern at MK for lunch). OR you could pay OOP for one adult and use 2TS credits for the other adult at your parents only meal and then use the other 2 credits for the adults at another TS mea with the kidsl.

Traveliz 06-25-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonacker (Post 48781332)
Hi All,

I'm working out our meal-plan credits. . . . and am a bit stumped. Any advice most appreciated!

We're a family of four, staying at AKL Jambo Villas in January.

We are thinking of a romantic dinner-for-two at Jiko the last night of our trip -- with our kids going to Simba's Cubhouse for the evening, which includes a kids' dinner -- but that would leave both of our kids with 2 extra kids-meal credits.

Would they allow us to use the kids' credits the morning of that day? Like, order room service for the kids' breakfasts (2 crazy credits!) or just get something from the Mara for them for breakfast?

In other words: Are kids allowed to, like, credits-wise, "dine alone"? If you see what I mean?

LOL! Is this question too convoluted??

thanks very much,
B in Nova Scotia

Well room service would be out as I can't imagine that is included in a kids credit but maybe I am wrong...But sure the kids can "dine alone" and you can just use their credits for meals for them whenever.

Liz

Bonacker 06-26-2013 05:47 AM

That's a great help, thank you!!

I think I get it now . . . .