The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Helena Bonham Carter cast as Fairy Godmother (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131613)

crazy4wdw 06-25-2013 07:32 AM

Helena Bonham Carter cast as Fairy Godmother

'Cinderella' fairy godmother: Helena Bonham Carter

Quote:

Bryan Alexander, USA TODAY 9:49 p.m. EDT June 20, 2013

The British actress has been cast as the Fairy Godmother in Disney's live-action Cinderella (no release date yet). She will face off against the Wicked Stepmother played by Cate Blanchett and help out Cinderella, played by Lily James. Richard Madden will play the prince looking for his true love.

The film will be directed by Kenneth Branagh, who directed Bonham Carter in 1994's Frankenstein.

pigletto 06-25-2013 07:52 AM

Love Love Love her. I've never seen her in a role that she didn't do justice too.:goodvibes

Spacedog1975 06-25-2013 10:00 AM

She's always fantastic, but frequently plays dark. It'll be interesting to see her go a bit more light. Unless she doesn't...

Lorelei528 06-25-2013 11:02 AM

She is my favorite, favorite actress!! I have loved her since Lady Jane. Fabulous news! Thanks for posting! This will be interesting to see how she approaches this roll.
Though she has played "dark" mostly as of late, her parts in the Merchant Ivory films were not, I'm glad to see her play a different type of roll for a change.

Love her! :goodvibes

Kristibo42 06-25-2013 11:04 AM

She is one of my favorites. I love everything she has done.

GenieCat 06-27-2013 07:00 PM

She and Kenneth Branagh worked together on screen most recently in the Harry Potter movies.

Spacedog1975 06-28-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenieCat (Post 48799233)
She and Kenneth Branagh worked together on screen most recently in the Harry Potter movies.

Having just recently watched these, I don't think so. Brannagh comes and goes in #2 and Bonham Carter doesn't show up until #3.

Tinkerboy00 07-07-2013 06:22 PM

I love her, but I agree she is usually in dark, villainous roles. So it will be fun to see her playing on the side of "good"

surprised Johnny Depp is not in it too, seems like they are always doing movies together.

>Ash< 07-12-2013 04:53 AM

Helena Bonham-Carter

maybe portraying her as the evil step mother would be more her type but again maybe after playing belatrix in harry potter she feels shes already palyed a role similar and wants to move to somthing different.

personally i cant picture her being a "good fairy godmother" given her attraction to dark things like Tim Burton and frequently working with Depp.

she is a good portrayer of the outkast but maybe she is wanting to not get typecast and show us somthing else she feels she can do and do well.

put it this way, never found a movie with her i havnt liked!

snarlingcoyote 07-12-2013 06:11 AM

I like and respect her acting immensely, but her first name. . .:rolleyes2. Now every person in the world thinks Helena is pronounced only like the the state capital of Montana.

(Yes, there are Helena's in my family, and they're not Helen-uh's: they're Heh-leen-a's. They DO live in South Louisiana, after all.)

SharkBoy 07-13-2013 02:08 PM

Awesomeness

From Bellatrix Lestrange to Fairy God Mother. Will be very glad to see her in it, she's always a blast.

Dani C 07-13-2013 07:01 PM

Personally I can't stand her, but I love Kenneth so it can't be all bad.

hux 07-14-2013 05:55 AM

I think she always has been a very under rated Actress like or loath here she has been about and Successful for many years now! I like her a lot!:)