The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Kona drinks question. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3130973)

darnheather 06-23-2013 08:38 PM

Kona drinks question.
 
Can I order the "Kona Coffee French Press Pot - serves 1" for my drink? Will I be able to get refills on that?

mom2of2 06-24-2013 07:18 AM

On the DP it counts for 2 beverages, since it's for 2 people, no way to make it for 1. If one person orders the press pot and the other a water it's fine. No, no free refills.

darnheather 06-24-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2of2 (Post 48764266)
On the DP it counts for 2 beverages, since it's for 2 people, no way to make it for 1. If one person orders the press pot and the other a water it's fine. No, no free refills.

Hm, it says on the menu just as I quoted "serves one". Oh well I'll find out when I arrive.

mom2of2 06-24-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnheather

Hm, it says on the menu just as I quoted "serves one". Oh well I'll find out when I arrive.

It's a misprint. It's for 2

purple figment 06-24-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnheather (Post 48767492)
Hm, it says on the menu just as I quoted "serves one". Oh well I'll find out when I arrive.

Which restaurant? When we ordered the pressed pot of Kona Coffee, it always specified "for 2" on the menu and required 2 persons' credits. And we did not get free refills either.

darnheather 06-24-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple figment (Post 48770926)
Which restaurant? When we ordered the pressed pot of Kona Coffee, it always specified "for 2" on the menu and required 2 persons' credits. And we did not get free refills either.

Oops, thought I put that. Kona Cafe. On the WDW site it doesn't specify and the allears says "serves 1". It's no big deal. If necessary I'll pay OOP for that to go with our dessert and we'll just each have 1/2 cup. :goodvibes

purple figment 06-24-2013 09:26 PM

The pressed pot Kona Coffee is for 2. The allears site lists it "for 2" at $7.49 which is the price we paid. The Disney site lists the same price, but doesn't mention how many it serves. If both of you order tap water with your meal, you'll be able to order the pressed pot with dessert.

mom2of2 06-25-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnheather

Oops, thought I put that. Kona Cafe. On the WDW site it doesn't specify and the allears says "serves 1". It's no big deal. If necessary I'll pay OOP for that to go with our dessert and we'll just each have 1/2 cup. :goodvibes

It's 2 1/2 cups of coffee in each pot. You'll each get a full cup...now who gets the other 1/2 cup? Lol! Enjoy, it's good coffee!

darnheather 06-25-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2of2 (Post 48773031)
It's 2 1/2 cups of coffee in each pot. You'll each get a full cup...now who gets the other 1/2 cup? Lol! Enjoy, it's good coffee!

But my Izzy will want a little too. She loves coffee. 2 1/2 cups is perfect though. Thanks.

Tigger1 06-25-2013 12:46 PM

Pay OOP for soda with your meal then order your Coffee to go with desert. I think soda is less than $3 per person.

wdwagain518 06-26-2013 02:06 PM

when we had breakfast at Kona, we ordered OJ for each of us and the pressed pot. Our server knew exactly how to put it thru using the ddp--since the coffee was the higher price that was our beverage with our meal and we paid OOP for the juice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.