The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Anyone watching Whodunit? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3130970)

StitchesGr8Fan 06-23-2013 08:32 PM

Anyone watching Whodunit?

DH and I are watching the first episode. Anyone else?

It's an interesting combo of Clue and reality shows where people form alliances.

JaneBanks 06-23-2013 08:43 PM

Yes and we're loving it. It's right up my alley!

StitchesGr8Fan 06-23-2013 09:13 PM

We liked it too. Wondering how the people are able to play dead so well in the morgue!

KristaTX 06-23-2013 09:13 PM

I watched. I'll probably stick with it because i like the whodunnit genre of movies and games, but it almost seems like the contestants are just actors. The quick editing on it was kind of annoying like a lot of shows these days.

Really it just made me long for The Mole back when Anderson Cooper hosted. That was a great show. The music on here was similar. But The Mole was way better.

Miranda Danda 06-23-2013 09:13 PM

I loved it, but the "contestants" seemed somewhat scripted to a degree. It didn't seem "natural" to me. Maybe that's more what they were going for. Can't tell yet, but the former CSI in me loooooooved it! :)

NAB 06-23-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTX (Post 48762223)
I watched. I'll probably stick with it because i like the whodunnit genre of movies and games, but it almost seems like the contestants are just actors. The quick editing on it was kind of annoying like a lot of shows these days.

Really it just made me long for The Mole back when Anderson Cooper hosted. That was a great show. The music on here was similar. But The Mole was way better.

Yes I missed the Mole too. That is what I thought this one was going to be like. But so far I am not impressed, but really nothing to watch at this time so I will keep watching one or two more.

*NikkiBell* 06-23-2013 09:22 PM

Loved it! I think the interactive elements they have with the show are cool too. The "killer" live tweets throughout the show and there's a book companion series. Great idea for a show! I can't wait until next week!

smkiya 06-24-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAB

Yes I missed the Mole too. That is what I thought this one was going to be like. But so far I am not impressed, but really nothing to watch at this time so I will keep watching one or two more.

I immediately thought of the Mole when I started watching, but it's not nearly as good. I'll give it another week or 2 before I decide whether to drop it from my DVR list.

ampc3 06-24-2013 07:11 AM

we watched it too, missed the beginning though... Did they ever say who the killer was? I feel like we missed something... I agree the people all seemed like scripted actors.. not sure yet but a cool premise.... totally forgot about that show the Mole

NAB 06-24-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampc3 (Post 48764225)
we watched it too, missed the beginning though... Did they ever say who the killer was? I feel like we missed something... I agree the people all seemed like scripted actors.. not sure yet but a cool premise.... totally forgot about that show the Mole

No we do not know who the killer is but it is one of them. Guess we are suppose to figure it out too.

lizabu 06-24-2013 08:24 AM

I liked this show a lot more than I thought I was going to.

Kewz1 06-24-2013 08:49 AM

We liked the show. Glad to have something to watch this summer.

Like others said, we miss The Mole too (not the celebrity edition though).

Kristen

wiigirl 06-24-2013 09:00 AM

Didn't think I would like it...but I love it! :goodvibes

Nohal 06-24-2013 06:05 PM

I'm on the fence about this show. I was flipping between this and the next foodnetwork star. I don't think they are actors although the dead girl sure did a good job of it. My friends daughter tried to get on the show but they didn't take her. There really isn't much on tv so I guess I will continue to flip between this and the food network.

disny_luvr 06-24-2013 07:41 PM

I watched the show today on On Demand and thought it was pretty good. Ulysses is from Mechanicsburg, PA, about 30 minutes from where I live, so I guess I'm rooting for him. :thumbsup2 I have no clue who the killer is. Anyone else have any thoughts on who they think the killer is?