The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Dis Meets (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Any disney cruisers from illinois (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3130809)

Kendal 06-23-2013 03:37 PM

Any disney cruisers from illinois
 
Just checking Illinois fr some Disney cruisers

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

sskem96 06-24-2013 11:08 PM

We are going on our first Disney cruise on the Dream Jan 5-9! We live in Bloomington.

Kendal 06-27-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sskem96 (Post 48772028)
We are going on our first Disney cruise on the Dream Jan 5-9! We live in Bloomington.

I'm sure you will enjoy we have been on 2 dream cruises before and have number 3 booked for march.... We usually drive we love about 1 to 1.5 hours east of St. Louis in southern il... A little town close to me vernon... We drove to the port last time took 16 hours straight through I hope u all have a very good time... I'm sure you will

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DisneyBride1214 06-30-2013 02:27 PM

I am going on my first DisneyDream Cruise December 15-19 2014. My DF and I will be getting married on board in Nassau. I am a 40 something bride that will be taking all my kids and grand kids. I am also going to get involved in the FE if I can find someone out there that is taking the same cruise as us. We are from Cortland Illinois right outside of DeKalb

sskem96 07-01-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendal

I'm sure you will enjoy we have been on 2 dream cruises before and have number 3 booked for march.... We usually drive we love about 1 to 1.5 hours east of St. Louis in southern il... A little town close to me vernon... We drove to the port last time took 16 hours straight through I hope u all have a very good time... I'm sure you will

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I used to visit family in that area when I was a kid. We would stop in Fairfield to visit my great aunt and uncle, and then go to Flora to my grandpa's. Every time we went to visit, I would come home with a southern accent that would stick with me for weeks! My first grade teacher was so confused when my mom went in for a conference and she didn't have my accent, she ended up making me go to speech class!

We aren't brave enough to make the drive, but if airfare keeps going up at this rate we might have to do it eventually. 16 hours doesn't really sound too bad. I think part of the reason DH loves Disney so much is that there's no driving involved. He somtimes drives 4-6 hours a day for work, so it's the last thing he wants to do on vacation.

Kendal 07-01-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyBride1214 (Post 48821406)
I am going on my first DisneyDream Cruise December 15-19 2014. My DF and I will be getting married on board in Nassau. I am a 40 something bride that will be taking all my kids and grand kids. I am also going to get involved in the FE if I can find someone out there that is taking the same cruise as us. We are from Cortland Illinois right outside of DeKalb

Congrats on ur wedding

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Kendal 07-01-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sskem96 (Post 48826314)

I used to visit family in that area when I was a kid. We would stop in Fairfield to visit my great aunt and uncle, and then go to Flora to my grandpa's. Every time we went to visit, I would come home with a southern accent that would stick with me for weeks! My first grade teacher was so confused when my mom went in for a conference and she didn't have my accent, she ended up making me go to speech class!

We aren't brave enough to make the drive, but if airfare keeps going up at this rate we might have to do it eventually. 16 hours doesn't really sound too bad. I think part of the reason DH loves Disney so much is that there's no driving involved. He somtimes drives 4-6 hours a day for work, so it's the last thing he wants to do on vacation.

Funny u say thT I grew up in wante city witch is not far from fairfeild and also live in flora for a couple years... Am now in salem and yes I know the accent... I do have it also and my Inlaws from Wisconsin lik the way I talk lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

nfrank 07-01-2013 11:31 AM

I'm from Springfield and will be doing my first Disney cruise July 25  28 on the Disney Dream!

Kendal 07-01-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfrank (Post 48829183)
I'm from Springfield and will be doing my first Disney cruise July 25 28 on the Disney Dream!

You will enjoy every minute... Our first Disney was only 3 night an we wanted more... We booked our second less than a week later... Wish we would if booked it onboard lol.. It was a 4 night... The one we have booked for march of 2014 is a 3 night!! Still lookin forward to it any Disney cruise I better than no cruise lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DisneyBride1214 07-01-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendal (Post 48829135)
Congrats on ur wedding

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you so much Kendal...I am so excited. I have 13 Adults and 7 kids going on the cruise also. I heard so many good things about the Disney Cruises. I am getting prepared to book another after this one :yay:

I am so looking for people that are going on the same cruise. I want to get involved in the FE for the kids.

nfulkmd 07-11-2013 06:07 PM

This is very strange, but I have ties to so many of you. I grew up in Sandwich which is not far from Cortland. I lived in Fairfield for 6 years and know Wayne City and Flora very well. AND, I currently live in Bloomington! We are going on the Alaskan Cruise leaving Monday, July 15th! I can hardly wait. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and our 1st to Alaska. I LOVE the Disney cruises as do my daughters, ages 14 and 11. I hope you all have a great time also!
:cool1:

DisneyBride1214 07-11-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfulkmd (Post 48934061)
This is very strange, but I have ties to so many of you. I grew up in Sandwich which is not far from Cortland. I lived in Fairfield for 6 years and know Wayne City and Flora very well. AND, I currently live in Bloomington! We are going on the Alaskan Cruise leaving Monday, July 15th! I can hardly wait. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and our 1st to Alaska. I LOVE the Disney cruises as do my daughters, ages 14 and 11. I hope you all have a great time also!
:cool1:

Leaving real soon! I hope you have so much fun. I went to Alaska but not on a cruise (this one is my 1st). Alaska is beautiful. I went in the winter time which was beautiful I can just imagine how it will be in the summer. Have fun and I want to see pictures :)

sskem96 07-12-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfulkmd
This is very strange, but I have ties to so many of you. I grew up in Sandwich which is not far from Cortland. I lived in Fairfield for 6 years and know Wayne City and Flora very well. AND, I currently live in Bloomington! We are going on the Alaskan Cruise leaving Monday, July 15th! I can hardly wait. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and our 1st to Alaska. I LOVE the Disney cruises as do my daughters, ages 14 and 11. I hope you all have a great time also!
:cool1:

Hmm, is your daughter going to be freshman at BHS by any chance? Because mine is! They're probably friends on FB!

We are contemplating booking an Alaskan cruise for next August for DH's 40th while onboard in Jan. You'll have to tell me how you like it. Trying to decide if we should take the kids on that one or leave them at home. My oldest will be nearly 18 by then so I'd be ok leaving them home with grandparents nearby, but if she ends up loving Vibe she might want to come with!

sskem96 07-12-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfulkmd
This is very strange, but I have ties to so many of you. I grew up in Sandwich which is not far from Cortland. I lived in Fairfield for 6 years and know Wayne City and Flora very well. AND, I currently live in Bloomington! We are going on the Alaskan Cruise leaving Monday, July 15th! I can hardly wait. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and our 1st to Alaska. I LOVE the Disney cruises as do my daughters, ages 14 and 11. I hope you all have a great time also!
:cool1:

Nevermind, I just looked at your user name and figured out who you are. Duh, I just talked to you the other morning and you told me you were getting ready to leave on vacation! Just didn't know you were a DISer or where you were going on vacation! I'll be sure to ask you about the cruise when you get back;)

snickerdodo 08-05-2013 10:13 AM

okawville
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendal (Post 48829135)
Congrats on ur wedding

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

hi all, we r from okawville,il does anyone know where that is? about 35 miles east of stl. we r going on the 31 oct cruise,on the dream. so glad so many disers from mt vernon area,its about 30 miles east of us. small world:yay:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.