The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Getting married on the Wonder (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3130549)

jjje 06-22-2013 09:47 PM

Getting married on the Wonder

I just found out the exciting news that one of the couples we're traveling with on our next cruise is going to be getting married on the ship! :lovestruc This couple is more friends of our friends but we'll get to go to their wedding. I'm happy for them and excited to attend a wedding while on the cruise. Has anyone here gotten married on board? Or attended a wedding on board? I would love to see pictures or hear about your experiences! :love:

cris0809 06-23-2013 02:20 AM

You might find some trip reports and information on the Disney Weddings Board portion of the DIS. You'll have to comb a bit as it covers all of Disney, not just DCL.

We haven't attended a wedding onboard yet, but we are going to a vow renewal on the Dream next November. :thumbsup2

lovedisney123 06-23-2013 11:18 AM

I remember someone saying once that to get married on the ship you have to actually get married in Florida first and then they do another ceremony on the ship. Either that or maybe you do the one on the ship and then do it again once you return to Florida.

Maybe this isn't the case, but someone told me that. But if this is the case, they I think they go through a ceremony either on the ship or at Castaway Cay.

dclwonderprincess 06-23-2013 11:51 AM

I got married on the Wonder in May. There's a legal ceremony while at port then the actual wedding ceremony is later in the week. Our ceremony was onboard the day that we were at Key West.

lovedisney123 06-23-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess (Post 48757899)
I got married on the Wonder in May. There's a legal ceremony while at port then the actual wedding ceremony is later in the week. Our ceremony was onboard the day that we were at Key West.

I am curious then, what date is on your marriage certificate (your anniversary)?

cruisinwithmaandpa 06-23-2013 04:45 PM

While we were in Castaway Cay someone had a wedding. Don't know the details but the decorations were nice. They brought the guests over in a golf cart so they didn't have to walk. It was simple but looked very nice.

su_A_ve 06-23-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovedisney123 (Post 48759219)
I am curious then, what date is on your marriage certificate (your anniversary)?

The 'official' date will be the one done under the legal ceremony. This is common in other countries were a priest does not have legal power to perform a marriage. You have a legal ceremony typically during the week, and then a religious ceremony on the weekend.

You can celebrate the one you want however...

lovedisney123 06-23-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_A_ve (Post 48760448)
The 'official' date will be the one done under the legal ceremony. This is common in other countries were a priest does not have legal power to perform a marriage. You have a legal ceremony typically during the week, and then a religious ceremony on the weekend.

You can celebrate the one you want however...

Thanks, I have wondered how that would work.

ksinglet 06-23-2013 08:06 PM

We got married on Castaway Cay in 2007. The "legal" ceremony was in a little room in Port Canaveral. I recognize our Castaway wedding date as our anniversary & my husband recognizes our legal one. I think he does it just to argue with me!