The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Clean healthy eating possible onboard the Dream? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3130444)

baleeve 06-22-2013 05:33 PM

Clean healthy eating possible onboard the Dream?

How are the healthy eating choices onboard?

Are there whole grain options? Fish without a lot of butter/sauce/ or creams? Dark leafy salads instead of the basic iceberg lettuce?

Due to a serious health issue 4 years ago I now eat really healthy. (not by choice) but by lifestyle. :bitelip: I would LOVE to eat nachos, desserts or yummy french treats the whole cruise but I just can't.

So I am wondering if I will have a hard time finding clean - healthy - vitamin rich foods onboard without having to just eat shrimp cocktail or carrot sticks everyday. :p

NACFl 06-22-2013 05:39 PM

You won't have problems unless you're vegan. There are plenty of good options at Cabanas and at the main dining restaurants. Even room service has a few decent options.

LWQuestie 06-22-2013 06:17 PM

Just talk to your dining team and they'll get you what you need!

bumbershoot 06-22-2013 07:39 PM

If you like Indian food, talk to your server about getting you some curries. 2 of my 3 dinners were delicious vegetarian curries (with white rice) after talking with my server. Might not be perfect, but it could do the trick for you.

IFlossU 06-22-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baleeve (Post 48751934)
How are the healthy eating choices onboard?

Are there whole grain options? Fish without a lot of butter/sauce/ or creams? Dark leafy salads instead of the basic iceberg lettuce?

Due to a serious health issue 4 years ago I now eat really healthy. (not by choice) but by lifestyle. :bitelip: I would LOVE to eat nachos, desserts or yummy french treats the whole cruise but I just can't.

So I am wondering if I will have a hard time finding clean - healthy - vitamin rich foods onboard without having to just eat shrimp cocktail or carrot sticks everyday. :p

Yes, I think it's possible. You'll probably find the selections not quite as tasty, but I know they offer grilled chicken breast and veggies at dinner. Salad options and veggies are plentiful. I don't know what you like for breakfast, but oatmeal is available, and they can cook eggs to order, possibly an egg white omelet. I would definitely ask, I'm sure they would gladly make one and throw in some veggies or fresh fruit.

For what it's worth I'm a "clean eater" at home, but chose to indulge "moderately" on our cruise. I ended up gaining 3lbs in 8 days, which I thought was pretty good considering, I also took advantage of the treadmills to burn off a few of the extra calories. ; >. When I got home it was right back to "real life" and I dropped the cruise weight in a few weeks.

Have fun and have no fear, just ask your servers about healthier options and they'll happily oblige!

LWQuestie 06-22-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IFlossU (Post 48753225)
I don't know what you like for breakfast, but oatmeal is available, and they can cook eggs to order, possibly an egg white omelet. I would definitely ask, I'm sure they would gladly make one and throw in some veggies or fresh fruit.

They will definitely do egg white omelets to order. I had several on my recent cruise.

baleeve 06-22-2013 10:41 PM

Thank you all for your replies. I knew I worried for nothing. :)