The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Castaway Club Gift on Med Sailings (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3130361)

DisneyHelen 06-22-2013 01:34 PM

Castaway Club Gift on Med Sailings
 
Just home from the June 8th Med Sailing. We were looking forward to the "newer" castaway club gift: Blue backpack, chip n dale pretzels, goldfish crackers, key ring. But instead received the old gift - the bag with 2 water bottles, which was the exact same as our gift from 2011. Did anyone else receive the old gift? My theory is that they are trying to get rid of old stock this summer on the med cruises.. :confused3

lilpooh108 06-22-2013 01:49 PM

I did. I heard they ran out of the blue, which they were giving on the EBTA.

I personally like the red, so you can feel free to mail me yours :rotfl: The blue backpack I got last year was defective and gave me a bad cut so I haven't used it since.

tajz90 06-22-2013 02:03 PM

I'm sad :( I wanted to blue back pack. DCL is still giving them out on the Fantasy.

PrincessShmoo 06-22-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyHelen (Post 48750802)
Just home from the June 8th Med Sailing. We were looking forward to the "newer" castaway club gift: Blue backpack, chip n dale pretzels, goldfish crackers, key ring. But instead received the old gift - the bag with 2 water bottles, which was the exact same as our gift from 2011. Did anyone else receive the old gift? My theory is that they are trying to get rid of old stock this summer on the med cruises.. :confused3

On the EBTA, they gave out the blue backpack stuff. But switched on the first Med cruise to the old CC gifts. I'm thinking that someone found a "stash" in Barcelona when they were setting up for this year and they decided to use it up on the Med cruises this year. All the other ships are still doing the "new" gifts.

DisneyNurse19 06-22-2013 03:51 PM

Hope i get the red one as i already have the blue :thumbsup2

DisneyOHFan 06-22-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 48750886)
I personally like the red, so you can feel free to mail me yours :rotfl: The blue backpack I got last year was defective and gave me a bad cut so I haven't used it since.

I agree. I like the red bag much better than the backpack, so we were excited to see it on the bed. We're not a fan of the backpack.

lilpooh108 06-22-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan (Post 48752423)
I agree. I like the red bag much better than the backpack, so we were excited to see it on the bed. We're not a fan of the backpack.

Yay! You're like the only person that agrees w/me! We have a red & black Maclaren stroller so I use it as my stroller bag. It has nets so we stick Purell and other randoms in it for Disney trips.

Also, since it's unisex my DH doesn't mind carrying it as a "diaper bag."

Long-winded way to say that I like the red more than the blue.

Evad 06-22-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 48752491)
Yay! You're like the only person that agrees w/me! We have a red & black Maclaren stroller so I use it as my stroller bag. It has nets so we stick Purell and other randoms in it for Disney trips.

Also, since it's unisex my DH doesn't mind carrying it as a "diaper bag."

Long-winded way to say that I like the red more than the blue.

We like the red one as well. We have never used the blue backpack but we did carry the red one all over the the med.... :thumbsup2

tajz90 06-22-2013 06:33 PM

We have so many red ones that I'd like a change....

Yes, it's a good problem to have ;)

n8tivecaligirl 06-22-2013 11:02 PM

We use our blue one for the gym. It works well. Guess we'll see next week what we end up with! Blue or red. Either way I'll be happy. (:

TARAMEOW 06-23-2013 12:23 AM

:offtopic: but I just wanted to say that this our first Disney Cruise and I'm jealous of the CC gifts.... Just sayin :goodvibes

bats 06-23-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TARAMEOW (Post 48754988)
:offtopic: but I just wanted to say that this our first Disney Cruise and I'm jealous of the CC gifts.... Just sayin :goodvibes

If you're on either of our Med cruises this year, feel free to tap me up for the red CC gift. I much prefer blue!

simbasmom2 06-23-2013 08:12 AM

I was happy to see the old red bag again :).Our blue one ripped after carrying it a few times and the keychain logo rubbed off after about a month. The red bag and "old" keychain are well made. I was surprised to see the older gifts and wondered why they were giving them out again.

OrangeCountyCommuter 06-23-2013 09:32 AM

I got the old.. and I left it on the ship. It's a waste!

StephenKay 06-23-2013 09:46 AM

Blue Bag
 
Hi Everyone,

I was on the EBTA and got the new blue bag with all the other things, however I came back for the 2nd Med 7 night sailing and the older red/black bag was on the bed. It's not so good for doing the various ports so I asked my stateroom host and they changed it for the new one.:thumbsup2

I agree that DCL must have had a stash of old bags stored somewhere and they were simply clearing old stock.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.