The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fanny packs? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3128601)

connie254 06-18-2013 04:27 PM

Fanny packs?

It may sound nerdy but I still use it at Disney. It makes my life easier plus I worry less about losing money/tickets/credit cards out of my pockets.

Does anyone else?

maxiesmom 06-18-2013 04:29 PM

Up until a couple of years ago I did. I have found a cross body bag holds more and is more comfortable. After a couple of days I hated the weight of my fanny pack around my waist. It really bugged me. I don't notice the weight of my cross body bag at all.

kimnvbva 06-18-2013 04:29 PM

Ha, that's funny you mentioned that. My husband just bought one last night for himself. Wanted something to stash his camera, phone and sunglasses. Didn't look as bad as I thought!!! :lmao:

scard192 06-18-2013 04:32 PM

no fanny pack for me. My sister won't travel with me if I use it and the PIN for FD is in her name so I bought a Vera Bradley mini hipster.

This thread has lots of comments:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ght=fanny+pack

BlueStarryHat 06-18-2013 04:35 PM

I can't wear a fanny pack. My fanny is already packing enough without any extra padding.

SPOERLX3 06-18-2013 04:38 PM

Fanny Pack is the ONLY way to go for me! :thumbsup2
My 12 year old granddaughter even wanted one for this trip.
We searched and searched till we found the perfect one for her and she LOVED it!
My daughter carried her cross body and said never again!

Agent1964fem 06-18-2013 04:41 PM

I try to carry and little as possible. I do wear a fanny pack. It does look ridiculous but...some people look like they packed for a week just to go to the park :-D !!

racinjunkie 06-18-2013 04:46 PM

I've always done a fanny pack before but I do tend to sweat under it. This year I bought a Vera Bradley hipster (needs to be big enough for a bottle of sun screen) but I'm bringing both to see which one I like better.

SPOERLX3 06-18-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racinjunkie (Post 48717026)
I've always done a fanny pack before but I do tend to sweat under it. This year I bought a Vera Bradley hipster (needs to be big enough for a bottle of sun screen) but I'm bringing both to see which one I like better.

Let us know which worked best for you when you get back :)

Yellowstonetim 06-18-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 (Post 48716938)
Fanny Pack is the ONLY way to go for me! :thumbsup2
My 12 year old granddaughter even wanted one for this trip.
We searched and searched till we found the perfect one for her and she LOVED it!
My daughter carried her cross body and said never again!

Agreed! I don't care if they are supposedly "uncool" today. Hip or fanny bags really work. I wear one that is on the small side but it allows me to carry my valuables and I don't like stuff in my pockets. I also like that it can be taken on and off easily for some rides, or is small enough to wear right on the ride. It doesn't have to be worn on your fanny, either. I'll wear it on the back, side, or front, or sling in over a shoulder.

I generally wear it on the side and it causes far less sweating in the heat than over the shoulder bags or daypacks.

When I go to Disney, I could carel ess about fashion, except regarding mouse ears, it is all utilitarianism and comfort first. My children are painfully aware of this fact.
:lmao:

Liam 06-18-2013 05:59 PM

No!!!!!!

SPOERLX3 06-18-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowstonetim (Post 48717538)
agreed! I don't care if they are supposedly "uncool" today. Hip or fanny bags really work. I wear one that is on the small side but it allows me to carry my valuables and i don't like stuff in my pockets. I also like that it can be taken on and off easily for some rides, or is small enough to wear right on the ride. It doesn't have to be worn on your fanny, either. I'll wear it on the back, side, or front, or sling in over a shoulder.

I generally wear it on the side and it causes far less sweating in the heat than over the shoulder bags or daypacks.

When i go to disney, i could carel ess about fashion, except regarding mouse ears, it is all utilitarianism and comfort first. My children are painfully aware of this fact.
:lmao:

amen!!!!

Mom2Luci 06-18-2013 10:27 PM

I got so tired of my crossbody backpack by day 3 of our trip that I bought the convertible purse/Fanny pack at the resort shop and never looked back. In anticipation of our upcoming trip, it's been my purse for the least few weeks :)

karenklo 06-18-2013 10:36 PM

A fanny pack for every trip!!! It is so comfortable and easy to access! Backpacks are scary as all your things are behind you and can be accessed by someone else. And not to mention how many times I have experienced or witnessed a backpack wearer turn around and hit another guest(or me or my kids) because they forget the pack is back there!!! Also as mentioned you do not always need to take off the pack for rides! Found a few backpacks on rides that people forgot to grab at the end of the ride. My DH and I take turns wearing it. Don't care what anyone else thinks- it is perfect for getting around Disney!

pixiedust:

Disneylifeforme 06-19-2013 01:29 AM

Fanny packs =thumbs up