The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3128541)

bluehawaii19 06-18-2013 02:11 PM

Disney Dining Plan
 
I apologize if this has been addressed but I figured I would ask.

We just booked out flights for January ($150 each roundtrip) from January 20 to February 6.

I know Disney gives the dining plan for 14 nights. Is there a way to get around this? Can we book two different hotels and get the dining plan for both?

Cafeen 06-18-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 (Post 48715463)
I apologize if this has been addressed but I figured I would ask.

We just booked out flights for January ($150 each roundtrip) from January 20 to February 6.

I know Disney gives the dining plan for 14 nights. Is there a way to get around this? Can we book two different hotels and get the dining plan for both?

Yes. Just be aware of the ticket requirements for the stays. Unless you are staying at DVC on points, have an AP and booked at Rack or AP rate, or have military salute tickets you are required to purchase 1 day base tickets for each paid dining plan stay. Note that you are not required to book two different resorts for this either.

There are a few intricacies with credit expiration (all credits from stay 1 will expire at midnight following checkout from stay 1) and you cannot combine credits from different stays to pay for an individual meal (though you can split the check and pay one check with credits from stay 1 and the other with credits from stay 2).

bdklein 06-18-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 (Post 48715463)
I apologize if this has been addressed but I figured I would ask.

We just booked out flights for January ($150 each roundtrip) from January 20 to February 6.

I know Disney gives the dining plan for 14 nights. Is there a way to get around this? Can we book two different hotels and get the dining plan for both?

Confused. What's the actual question/issue to "get around"?

bluehawaii19 06-18-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdklein (Post 48715656)
Confused. What's the actual question/issue to "get around"?

We are staying from January 20 to February 6. We are hoping free dining will be available during that time (if not, we are hoping for a deal on the hotel). We haven't booked Disney yet (obviously too early) but it will be 17 days we are staying. I wasn't sure how to get the dining for the whole time we are staying as I know the most is 14 days.

So I wasn't sure if we had to book 2 different reservations or not to get the dining for the 17 days or not.

We are annual passholders but we have always just gotten the free dining by buying regular park tickets.

MHSweb79 06-18-2013 03:25 PM

Looks like you answered your own question - you'd most likely have to book 2 stays (can be at the same hotel) and get two sets of regular tickets.

OR you could just pay OOP for those extra days, which could be cheaper.

purple figment 06-18-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 (Post 48715839)
We are staying from January 20 to February 6. We are hoping free dining will be available during that time (if not, we are hoping for a deal on the hotel).

So I wasn't sure if we had to book 2 different reservations or not to get the dining for the 17 days or not.

We are annual passholders but we have always just gotten the free dining by buying regular park tickets.

You could book one stay of 14 nights (max for Free Dining). You'll have to buy 2 day tickets for everyone in your room 3 years and older.

For the 15-17th nights you would have to book a separate package. Since you have APs you could book a ticketless AP package and get a paid dining plan. For these 3 nights if there is an AP room rate discount you could apply that to the package. Or, just book a room only and pay for dining OOP.

Dizneydaz 06-18-2013 08:36 PM

Yes as PP said in order to do what you want you will have to buy 2-2 day base tickets per person. That will run you (at today's prices )just under $400/per person. And in case you didn't know you won't be able to combine those base tickets towards an AP. You can only apply one ticket per AP.

Personally I wouldn't pay the extra $200 (per person) for a few more days of "free" dining. I would book a room only for the first days and then book a package (with free DDP) for the max. of 14 days.

vacation_junkie 06-26-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 (Post 48715463)
I apologize if this has been addressed but I figured I would ask.

We just booked out flights for January ($150 each roundtrip) from January 20 to February 6.

I know Disney gives the dining plan for 14 nights. Is there a way to get around this? Can we book two different hotels and get the dining plan for both?

who did you guys book with for $150? That's a great price. We usually fly out of Buffalo but I haven't found anything that low yet! We are going Jan 25- Feb 2nd

ses1230 06-27-2013 08:51 AM

If you have an AP why don't you think about a TIW card instead of the dining plan? The DDP price just went up again so the TIW card might be a better deal.

bluehawaii19 07-02-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacation_junkie (Post 48785604)
who did you guys book with for $150? That's a great price. We usually fly out of Buffalo but I haven't found anything that low yet! We are going Jan 25- Feb 2nd

JetBlue (we always fly with them since the flights are reasonable and we always get non-stop). I just checked and the cheapest would be $245 for one person roundtrip but unfortunately not non-stop flights. There are some available but cost more.

I am always checking the site and just lucked out with $95 flights :)

vacation_junkie 07-02-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 (Post 48843262)
JetBlue (we always fly with them since the flights are reasonable and we always get non-stop). I just checked and the cheapest would be $245 for one person roundtrip but unfortunately not non-stop flights. There are some available but cost more.

I am always checking the site and just lucked out with $95 flights :)

We've never flown Jet Blue...Southwest 99.% of the time. Always fly direct as well.
$95 each way is a pretty good price.
Its around what we usually pay for Southwest. I find each year I don't usually end up booking our flights til about October thats when I always seem to find the best prices.
Last BUF-MCO Southwest flight we scored a seat sale. $444 for the 3 of us round trip direct :thumbsup2 I can handle a deal like that any day!

bluehawaii19 07-02-2013 09:10 PM

Yeah, cheap flights are always good :)
Years ago (probably 8 or 9), a cousin found a great deal flying from Watertown, NY to Orlando (wasn't non-stop) for less than $40 total (maybe it was each way, can't quite remember) so 21 of us ended up going. Turns out, it was a fluke in the online system but they had to give us the flights for the price. Not even sure what the airline was now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacation_junkie (Post 48844069)
We've never flown Jet Blue...Southwest 99.% of the time. Always fly direct as well.
$95 each way is a pretty good price.
Its around what we usually pay for Southwest. I find each year I don't usually end up booking our flights til about October thats when I always seem to find the best prices.
Last BUF-MCO Southwest flight we scored a seat sale. $444 for the 3 of us round trip direct :thumbsup2 I can handle a deal like that any day!


vacation_junkie 07-02-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 (Post 48845212)
Yeah, cheap flights are always good :)
Years ago (probably 8 or 9), a cousin found a great deal flying from Watertown, NY to Orlando (wasn't non-stop) for less than $40 total (maybe it was each way, can't quite remember) so 21 of us ended up going. Turns out, it was a fluke in the online system but they had to give us the flights for the price. Not even sure what the airline was now.

That's awesome!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.