The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Have you ever finished... the Kitchen Sink? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3127733)

HubbDave 06-16-2013 06:48 PM

Have you ever finished... the Kitchen Sink?

This will probably be way to much for my small family of 4, but we have reinforcements coming over to the BC from the CBR. Yay!

Seriously, what is the smallest number of people that you have seen eat an entire Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream?

4? 3? 2?

gasp!!! 1?!?!?!?

I guess you could get is disassembled at one point

goofy4prez 06-16-2013 07:01 PM

I witnessed this monstrosity consumed by a single person.......

ME

But that was four years and 120 pounds ago. :lmao: It was done on a dare from my DD and her friend. The man card was drawn and had to make sure I didn't lose it. I paid dearly for that moment(ok it was longer) of male ego by spending a couple of hours in misery up in the room while they all hit the pool. :sick:

HubbDave 06-16-2013 07:25 PM

I did not think this was possible

I love ice cream, but I would cry uncle

theparsons 06-16-2013 07:32 PM

Three of us pretty much finished it back in 2008.....but it was also our "dinner", and we hadn't eaten since breakfast in the villa that morning.

It is definitely one of those "must do" things.....once. The ice cream is already melting by the time they get it out to you and by the time you're about half way through it's pretty much soup with some chunks. And the blood sugar can only go so high, lol.

Be sure to let the server know if there are any flavors you don't want (coffee and nuts for us).....because you cannot keep them separated once you begin.

Frankly, we did it for the novelty and fun, but also because price wise it made sense, believe it or not. Look at the single serving sundaes....they average about $7 or $8 each.....so for 4 of you that will be $21 to $32.....and the kitchen sink is $27. So....experience it and realize that even if you don't eat it all, you'll have fun trying.

HubbDave 06-16-2013 07:37 PM

My kids are obsessing about it since I showed them a video of it

After we eat it they can just roll us into SAB, like when whales are returned to the ocean

goofyintoronto 06-16-2013 09:13 PM

Four of us couldnt. We ate half. Its huuuuge!

disney777 06-16-2013 09:24 PM

4 of us ate it, as a meal. It was pretty soupy by the end. I've had it before with 6. That was a slam dunk.

strawberrylilacs 06-16-2013 09:53 PM

A few years ago 2 adults and 2 girls ages 10 and 8 ate most of the Kitchen Sink. I took the best pictures from the whole trip there. The first one is the kids looking at it thinking yummy! and one afterwards with an "I'm soo full, can't believe we ate the whole thing" look. I just Love those pictures! They still talk about it and we will be going next month to WDW and of course they want to do it again. ahhh nooooo Once is a fun experience but once is enough.