The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   QS at Epcot....can't find one that will satisfy my family (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3127660)

RainK 06-16-2013 04:21 PM

QS at Epcot....can't find one that will satisfy my family

I thought we would 'eat like kings' in Epcot and I have scoured all QS menus and truly cannot find 1 QS restaurant that my entire family would want to eat at. I don't want burgers or fries...was looking for something different yet common for my somewhat picky eaters.
I though Japan or China would be the place with basic fried rice and noodles or teriyaki but they don't offer that.

Suggestions for basic/ picky eaters? No seafood or Mexican....or burgers.

Nohal 06-16-2013 04:29 PM

Try looking at the menu for Sunshine Seasons. There are different stations with different menus. Should be something for everyone. It is located in the Land Pavilion. I feel your pain we have some picky eaters also.

bluejasmine 06-16-2013 04:32 PM

Liberty Inn in the USA pavilion has the normal American fare if burgers, chic nuggets

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

TheRustyScupper 06-16-2013 04:33 PM

Have you tried the popcorn and Coke kiosks?

:cool1:

RainK 06-16-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 48698181)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

buckirj1 06-16-2013 04:42 PM

If you're happy with the food at your resort (presuming you're staying on property), you could always leave Epcot and go back to the resort to eat. But the Japan QS is one of my favorite places on property. Ummm, udon noodle stir-fry.

figment_jii 06-16-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainK (Post 48698090)
I though Japan or China would be the place with basic fried rice and noodles or teriyaki but they don't offer that.

Katsura Grill (Japan) has teriyaki (chicken or beef).

Quin 06-16-2013 04:51 PM

Sunshine Seasons probably has the biggest variety, but there ARE lots of options in Epcot.

Fried Rice? Yes, you can get that at the CS location in China: Lotus Blossom - shrimp fried rice with egg roll. Teriyaki? Several teriyaki meats with steamed white rice and also several Udon (noodle) choices at Katsura Grill in Japan.

Not a Burger? Why not Fish & Chips at Yorkshire in England? Also several choices of entrees at the new Les Halles in France; not much scary about ham & cheese, whether it's warm and stuffed in a croissant or cold and on nice chewy french bread, or mixed with scrambled eggs in a quiche. And I personally love the CS meals at Kringla in Norway; the hot Ham, Cheese, and Apple sandwich is a must-do for me.

purple figment 06-16-2013 05:17 PM

When we ate at Katsura Grill, the Japanese QS, it had udon (noodles) and teriyaki.

The Kringla Bakery in Norway has good sandwiches and pastries. Les Halles in France also has sandwiches and quiche and really delicious pastries. We've also had the bratwurst at Sommerfest (QS in Germany). If you like Italian, Tutto Gusto Wine Bar in Italy has small plates, plus you can order off the Tutto Italia menu. And the Rose and Crown Pub (not the restaurant) has a few items, plus the Fish and Chips stand right outside.

Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavilion has a variety of foods at several stations.

If your whole family can't find one QS that everyone would like, maybe they could pick up food at different places and meet up to eat together.

My2Qtz0205 06-16-2013 05:49 PM

Turkey legs at the America pavilion. I second the CS in Norway. And I "third" Sunshine Seasons.

goofyintoronto 06-16-2013 06:12 PM

:rotfl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper

Mmm delish dish!
Quote:

Originally Posted by buckirj1
the Japan QS is one of my favorite places on property. Ummm, udon noodle stir-fry.

I agree that sunshine seasons has a good variety. Have you looked at the menu?

disnut8 06-16-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainK (Post 48698090)
I thought we would 'eat like kings' in Epcot and I have scoured all QS menus and truly cannot find 1 QS restaurant that my entire family would want to eat at. I don't want burgers or fries...was looking for something different yet common for my somewhat picky eaters.

Suggestions for basic/ picky eaters? No seafood or Mexican....or burgers.

Who says you all have to get everything from the same place?

Best thing we ever did was for my son to pick up the nachos from Mexico, carry that tray with him (we asked for an extra plate to put on top), then for me to get pot stickers and egg rolls at China (again, extra plate), we continued onto America where we sat outside while my husband went in for his burger. We all had what we wanted and a very nice meal. Win/win.

RainK 06-16-2013 06:53 PM

I think we will have to split up....I'm all for the udon noodle stir fry. Yum
Me and DS will eat and try anything...DH and DD are my headaches....:rotfl2:

ZoZo 06-16-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainK (Post 48699125)
I think we will have to split up....I'm all for the udon noodle stir fry. Yum
Me and DS will eat and try anything...DH and DD are my headaches....:rotfl2:

That's one of the cool things about Epcot - there's something for everyone! It seems like Sunshine Seasons has the best variety if you all do stick together, though. They have a huge selection to choose from.

chloelovesdisney 06-16-2013 11:26 PM

They won't eat fish and chips? That's my favorite in Epcot.